New light weight Rifle build.

My cousins has a carbon six 6.5x47 lapua that shoots really well. It's a Remage barrel.

Not sure he bought the whole gun used it is a Remington short action m5 bottom metal, iota kremlin stock 20moa rail vortex viper pst genii 5-25x50 and I would say its fairly light not a featherweight. 8-10 lbs roughly. It's a 22" barrel.

Hey All!
Looking at building a new light weight rifle with a 26 in or 28 in carbon fiber barrel. The only company that offers the right twist rate is Carbon Six. Has anyone ever used them?
Never used a carbon six but I've owned 4 McGowen barrels, I'd stay away if it were my money..
I've had some serious accuracy and fouling issues from the last two I owned, they are not a high quality barrel

Never used a carbon six but I've owned 4 McGowen barrels, I'd stay away if it were my money..
I've had some serious accuracy and fouling issues from the last two I owned, they are not a high quality barrel
I beg to differ! with 3 weeks before a moose hunt I called McGowens, they sent a 340 Weatherby short chambered barrel rite out, first barrel I ever fitted, went to Newfoundland and killed my first Moose, that was 6 years ago, that rifle shoots sub .75 Moa and I have NOTHING but good things to say about them. my .02