New light weight build, 6.5SAUM

Matt Moser

after 2 years of waiting for actions, barrels and changes I introduced my back pack ultra light weight rifle is ready for cerakoting.

manners UC
pierce featherweight
trigger tech diamond
hawkins BDL orb.
Hawkins light weight rings
will wear a Leupold VX3i 4-14 30mm Tube x 50 objective CDS

as it sits is 2220g or 4.895lb

should finish off scoped at just under 6lb

think I over did it.

Matt

Attachments

• 3B8C600A-BFDE-4321-BF21-2C0DABBC3E45.jpeg
    3B8C600A-BFDE-4321-BF21-2C0DABBC3E45.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 770
I like the sounds too...maybe it's a Proof barrel with all the metal removed as can be?...
I left all the metal on a 26" so i could shoot the heck out of it and then rechamber it a couple times....

Caliber?

I recientely tried these guys, they are new(er) to the canon fiher barrel game, they also make some nice stupid light stocks too!

my first run with their barrels was a 22 Creedmoor and I was very impressed!

i have had 3 delaminations from proof barrels in The past year and a bit so I started looking elsewhere.

Paradigm was the lightest I found, a good fit for this build. I am going to build a 338 edge on a helix6 next.

Very nice. I have a 6.5 saum I just finished up with. I haven't got to shoot it much. I've only shot just a little bit of prime ammo through it. Keep us updated on what load you end up shooting. I need to start load development with mine soon if I can get some time.

Will do

i just got 200 adg brass In the mail this morning, I'm in Canada so the flow of goods has been slow due to the obvious but I'm ready to start work on final finishing and get on with load development.
i have a Custom 6.5 saum built on a new PGWDTI titanium Action that Shoots amazing, I wanted his lighter version for a ram hunt in the Yukon this fall.

I am blown away at how light this is, feels like a toy.... by other saum is in an EH1, PGWDTI action and hells canyon carbon barrel at it weighs 9.7lb with a s&b ultra short 5-20 on it.

im limited to 75lb of gear on my fly in, So I saved 2.7lb with this build so I can bring a few Extra packs of smokes with me on he long hike.

good plan eh.

lol

Will do

i just got 200 adg brass In the mail this morning, I'm in Canada so the flow of goods has been slow due to the obvious but I'm ready to start work on final finishing and get on with load development.
i have a Custom 6.5 saum built on a new PGWDTI titanium Action that Shoots amazing, I wanted his lighter version for a ram hunt in the Yukon this fall.

I am blown away at how light this is, feels like a toy.... by other saum is in an EH1, PGWDTI action and hells canyon carbon barrel at it weighs 9.7lb with a s&b ultra short 5-20 on it.

im limited to 75lb of gear on my fly in, So I saved 2.7lb with this build so I can bring a few Extra packs of smokes with me on he long hike.

good plan eh.

lol
I've got a 26" proof barreled 7mm rm that ended up @ 6lb 11oz. You definitely trimmed the fat off to get yours that light. That's awesome.

I recientely tried these guys, they are new(er) to the canon fiher barrel game, they also make some nice stupid light stocks too!

my first run with their barrels was a 22 Creedmoor and I was very impressed!

i have had 3 delaminations from proof barrels in The past year and a bit so I started looking elsewhere.

Paradigm was the lightest I found, a good fit for this build. I am going to build a 338 edge on a helix6 next.
Like their stocks but very expensive and not much about the reputation or reviews.

What twist rate did you go with for your 6.5 SAUM. A lot differ opinions as to what use on this caliber build. I'm planning one as well. I've seen 1/7 up to 1/8.7 and everything in between. Very nice build!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.