New Leupold vx-5 for my stw

txaggie1

Been sitting on the sidelines for a while watching prices and finally grabbed the deal. VX-5 3-15x44 with cds, hope to get her mounted and shot in real soon. This should be a lethal combo on my rebarreled weatherby accumark which already shoots dimes during the break-in with facotry ammo!

What about the xv-5 made you pick?
Wanted a CDS model my gun shoots 160 grain (just about anything) accurately so that will be my load of choice for the dial. For the money it was just to hard to pass on it - i own to many "hunting" rifles to drop well over a grand. This model had great reviews with the mag power i wanted. If she shoots 600-800 yards that will be all i will really ever need.

Long winded answer but i thought it was the best bang for the buck for me;

I purchased the same scope only with firedot reticle. Just purchased another here on this forum because I loved the first one so much. Weighs so little but offers so much. Hard to beat for under 850.00. Leupolds are one of my favorite scopes and this new VX5HD is the best of all in terms of glass quality.

I purchased the same scope only with firedot reticle. Just purchased another here on this forum because I loved the first one so much. Weighs so little but offers so much. Hard to beat for under 850.00. Leupolds are one of my favorite scopes and this new VX5HD is the best of all in terms of glass quality.
my thoughts exactly - wanting another one just because!

I have a couple of cds model vx3's that i love to;

my thoughts exactly - wanting another one just because!

I have a couple of cds model vx3's that i love to;
I've own several Mark 4s and love the glass. Love the durability as well. These VX5HDs are a better glass quality and look as durable as the Mk4s. Turret locks are a plus and low weight is even better. The 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 is pretty light as well but non-illuminated. The firedot is nice in real low light or dense wooded areas. Leupold hit it out of the park with this scope.

I've own several Mark 4s and love the glass. Love the durability as well. These VX5HDs are a better glass quality and look as durable as the Mk4s. Turret locks are a plus and low weight is even better. The 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 is pretty light as well but non-illuminated. The firedot is nice in real low light or dense wooded areas. Leupold hit it out of the park with this scope.
i haven't seen the firedots but have always thought it would be great concept for situations like you just described;

Yes leupold glass speaks for itself - i also enjoy meopta line of copes as well. Pretty much the two brands i have the most off - few zeiss and a swaro but for the money meopta and leupolds are wonderful glass IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.