New Leupold Scopes

Any idea when these will start becoming available?
We've been told they should start tickling in within the next few weeks. We are accepting pre-orders with small deposits..

OH, we have added a few new sections on our site:

Just Arrived - Which we will update daily with that days deliveries and we will clear it out once a week of week old additions. We're very excited about doing this

Super Deal / Clearance Specials - Kinda is self explanatory

Bundles - A section where we put kits together of products we feel go together well and while combining them into these bundles we are discounting them as well

Also, don't forget to Enter to Win Our Monthly Give-Away

Too bad a person can't look at scope reticles in field conditions before buying! I was able to handle a Leupold with the cds turrets (the one with the zero stop and little button you push to change elevation) and I really like that feature. I'm thinking wind-plex would be nice for holding off for wind after you dial for elevation. I'm going to look through as many as I can before I buy.

Since you are a dealer, maybe you can explain to me, in plain English, how there can be a $2,000 difference in one perfectly fantastic rifle scope and another scope from the same company? In other words, why can I buy a great scope for $600 and the same manufacturer sells a rifle scope that costs $2,600? I can buy a used car with roll-up windows, air conditioning, and 4 rubber tires for $2,000. Is it just my eyes, or is there that much technology in the more expensive scope that genuinely makes that scope worth that much more money? Or is it just because they can get away with a few small-dollar upgrades and people will pay for those things through their noses?
As you've gathered, Doug is a solid dude running a solid business. You call him or his people and they'll treat you good. As far as the price disparity I know from experience the high dollar scopes have the solid tracking and durability. You can get lucky sometimes and find that in scopes like Burris FFII line, but not always across the brands.

As you've gathered, Doug is a solid dude running a solid business. You call him or his people and they'll treat you good. As far as the price disparity I know from experience the high dollar scopes have the solid tracking and durability. You can get lucky sometimes and find that in scopes like Burris FFII line, but not always across the brands.
I have only heard good things said about Doug and the people at Camera Land. I am in the market for a new scope and I was wondering if the technical differences in the scope and the glass are so much superior as to make one scope a great deal at $600 and whether it would be a good investment to go ahead and pay $2,500 for a scope made by the same manufacturer. I know there are differences, but never having looked through a high-end scope and been able to really see these differences, I wondered if it would be worth the extra money, except for possible resale value, which means nothing to my old carcass. For an old dude on a fixed income, spending the extra money on technical advances I am unable to fully understand or see with my old eyes seems futile.

I have several Leupold rifle scopes and a Burris handgun scope. I can tell the difference between the rifle scopes and the handgun scope, but not in the technical or quality of glass sort of way. I have always leaned toward Leupold scopes, and will probably buy a new Leupold scope for my new rifle. I am curious about the new (to me) illuminated dot scopes. I can see where the extra money goes and would be willing to spend the additional money on something that makes the scope better for me. I believe it was Doug that told me that if I could not see the improvement in the high range scopes that I should stay with the scopes I like best--or something along those lines. I have decided to take his advice.

I have only heard good things said about Doug and the people at Camera Land. I am in the market for a new scope and I was wondering if the technical differences in the scope and the glass are so much superior as to make one scope a great deal at $600 and whether it would be a good investment to go ahead and pay $2,500 for a scope made by the same manufacturer. I know there are differences, but never having looked through a high-end scope and been able to really see these differences, I wondered if it would be worth the extra money, except for possible resale value, which means nothing to my old carcass. For an old dude on a fixed income, spending the extra money on technical advances I am unable to fully understand or see with my old eyes seems futile.

I have several Leupold rifle scopes and a Burris handgun scope. I can tell the difference between the rifle scopes and the handgun scope, but not in the technical or quality of glass sort of way. I have always leaned toward Leupold scopes, and will probably buy a new Leupold scope for my new rifle. I am curious about the new (to me) illuminated dot scopes. I can see where the extra money goes and would be willing to spend the additional money on something that makes the scope better for me. I believe it was Doug that told me that if I could not see the improvement in the high range scopes that I should stay with the scopes I like best--or something along those lines. I have decided to take his advice.
In my experience the only good scope under $600 are the Burris line. I can't say the Burris top end stuff is the best although I have 3 Burris XTR II scopes. They work but all are illuminated and I am detecting some battery drain when off and some weird blinking one one while I am shooting. I would advise to steer clear of illuminated reticles on any scope and if you are shooting in conditions that dark, go with a day/night scope from Pulsar. Vortex below the Razor HD II line hasn't impressed me and Doug won't stock Vortex.

My Bushnell Tactical Elite with H59 reticle is the mut's nuts! I got it from Doug and its my favorite scope. The reticle is a bit intimidating at first but once you learn it, you love it.

I haven't spent over 1K for any scope I've owned. You can get hover in the 1K for scopes that retail much more if you do some research.

In my experience the only good scope under $600 are the Burris line. I can't say the Burris top end stuff is the best although I have 3 Burris XTR II scopes. They work but all are illuminated and I am detecting some battery drain when off and some weird blinking one one while I am shooting. I would advise to steer clear of illuminated reticles on any scope and if you are shooting in conditions that dark, go with a day/night scope from Pulsar. Vortex below the Razor HD II line hasn't impressed me and Doug won't stock Vortex.

My Bushnell Tactical Elite with H59 reticle is the mut's nuts! I got it from Doug and its my favorite scope. The reticle is a bit intimidating at first but once you learn it, you love it.

I haven't spent over 1K for any scope I've owned. You can get hover in the 1K for scopes that retail much more if you do some research.
BFD Guns: Thanks for the info. I remember back when Bushnell scopes were too dark for my good eyes,
but now they seem to be very good scopes with clear and bright glass. I really appreciate the heads up on the illuminated scopes. I worry every time I buy something that uses batteries, especially out in the hunting fields. I am not too lucky with batteries. Again, thanks for the help. I am going to look up the Bushnell scopes right now.

BFD Guns: Thanks for the info. I remember back when Bushnell scopes were too dark for my good eyes,
but now they seem to be very good scopes with clear and bright glass. I really appreciate the heads up on the illuminated scopes. I worry every time I buy something that uses batteries, especially out in the hunting fields. I am not too lucky with batteries. Again, thanks for the help. I am going to look up the Bushnell scopes right now.
Yup, prior to the Bushnell Elite Tactical I relegated Bushnell scopes to BB guns. LOL

I have 12, low to mid level Leupold scopes, all 2nd hand, some pawn shop specials. The oldest being a Vari XIII, suffix K, 2002, the newest being a VX3i. Not much difference in optical quality. These scopes are satisfactory for my casual shooting - if you miss a rodent there will usually be another one to shoot. I have had adjustment problems requiring Leupold to fix, like spring replacements, to enable shooting less than 5 foot groups.

Imagine a rock-chuck barely visible in deep shade, blending in with like color rocks about 400 yards away. The Leupold's will work. Same for shooting mud & dust colored white panted steel against like colored backgrounds in dim light.

I think many scopes look good in gun stores - nothing like use in the field under less than ideal conditions.

I think I need a Leupold Mark3HD, 8-24X50, TMR, (priced right) real bad and I have one on my Midway wish list. Don't know how the lit up TMR would work on shady chucks. I just sent Leupold an email for info. I looked thru a Razor once & it was so good it felt like I was being drawn into the scope.

Low light performance the higher end glass will start to pull away from the mid priced stuff. Also sharp images around the edges of view and lack of chromatic aberration will be found with high end glass

Low light performance the higher end glass will start to pull away from the mid priced stuff. Also sharp images around the edges of view and lack of chromatic aberration will be found with high end glass
General: Now that is some technical information I can read and understand. I am not sure my eyes would know the difference in the wilderness, but that does make sense. Thank you. I will give that some serious thought when selecting my next scope.

We've been told they should start tickling in within the next few weeks. We are accepting pre-orders with small deposits..

OH, we have added a few new sections on our site:

Just Arrived - Which we will update daily with that days deliveries and we will clear it out once a week of week old additions. We're very excited about doing this

Super Deal / Clearance Specials - Kinda is self explanatory

Bundles - A section where we put kits together of products we feel go together well and while combining them into these bundles we are discounting them as well

Also, don't forget to Enter to Win Our Monthly Give-Away
How does one pre order? I cant find them on the site.

I had noticed almost all the vx-3i scopes were showing discontinued on their website. Very curious to hear what updates the new VX-3HD line has and glad to see more options with the CDS-ZL. The CDS-ZL2 on my VX5 was a big selling point and is about the perfect turret for me for hunting. A google search shows a page on Leupold's website for a VX-3HD but the link doesn't connect you to anywhere, hoping theres an announcement soon.

My buddy needs a scope for his first rifle, maybe the vx-3i line will go on closeout.

Edit to add:
Glad to see the LRP line got dumped, they were beyond ugly.
My guess is theyll be the same scope, cheaper made, same failure rate....high tech new coating all at a meager 20% increase...

Recent Posts