New Leupold scopes

I dont know but it's weird they announced it and had them at Shot show but no word or pictures on their website or anywhere else.

I talked to them as well and they acted like I didnt need to know when they would be out. As in they'll be out when they're out. I've been high on Leupold for many years but I do not like what I'm seeing now. As much as I want one of the new 4-20 scopes I think I'll be moving on. Now I need to figure out what to get

I talked to them as well and they acted like I didnt need to know when they would be out. As in they'll be out when they're out. I've been high on Leupold for many years but I do not like what I'm seeing now. As much as I want one of the new 4-20 scopes I think I'll be moving on. Now I need to figure out what to get

I agree. I was a big luppy guy for years but have sold most off. Only have a couple left. I was waiting for the new VX5 4-20 scope to come out, I was going to give it a try because I really like that Mag range. was disappointed when I seen it was going to be a 34mm tube. So I moved on an bought a Ziess V4 6-24x50 for a gun I needed a scope on. So glad I did what a nice scope for its price range.

Last edited:
I agree. I was a big luppy guy for years but have sold most off. Only have a couple left. I was waiting for the new VX5 4-20 scope to come out, I was going to give it a try because I really like that Mag range. was disappointed when I seen it was going to be a 34mm tube. So I moved on an bought a Ziess V4 6-24x50 for a gun I needed a scope on. So glad I did what a nice scope for its price range.

I've been trying like hell to find reviews on that V4 to no avail. What's ur thoughts on it? (Negatives/positives). I have two of the HD5's from them and am fairly happy but do fight focus at times. Mostly parallax trying to keep target and crosshairs both focused.

I've been trying like hell to find reviews on that V4 to no avail. What's ur thoughts on it? (Negatives/positives). I have two of the HD5's from them and am fairly happy but do fight focus at times. Mostly parallax trying to keep target and crosshairs both focused.

I shot quite a bit behind a friends before I bought mine. I have had no problems with the focus/parallax. Glass is great. Tracking so far seems to be great. They have been out a little over a year now and researching online shows almost no complaints on tracking/ problems with scope.
In a hunting scope I like low profile reliable turrets/zero lock , capped windage and more of a compact scope/ lighter weight. The V4 fills all these requirements. Unless you want to triple up your money and go with a March which are awesome! :)

I have several scopes of different brands all different price ranges, but IMO the V4 I think you are getting a lot of scope for the price range
Redhawks prices are hard to beat.

Last edited:
I had a v4 and it's pretty decent, but compared to my vx5hd the glass is really lacking.
This is most noticable in low light, the v4 would get blurry about 5 minutes before the vx5, and the image is no where near as crisp in my opinion.
I haven't done a tracking test with either one but it's on my list.
Leupold told me June for the vx5 4-20

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.