New leica brf geovid hd's rangefinder ?

Down Under Hunter

Has anyone got any first hand knowledge of the improvements made to the BRF rangefinding Bino's ?

I may be buying a 15 x 56 version and would like them to have the newest LRF unit in them. I am hearing that they will range out significantly further than the std BRF unit ? 1500 + ??

CHeers

DUH

Not really any info for you but surely if there were any improvements they would be listed on the Leica website? If not try scooting them an email for some confirmation. They were good to me when i was looking for my geovids :) No matter what you will be looking at some big coin. Might need a tripod to steady them too once you get to 15x magnification. I tried them when looking and decided on the 10x 42 for an all round binocular and in good conditions they range out to 1200 meters which is plenty far enough for me. (I am a metric kind of guy) There again I dont own a big boomin edge like you :D

Jimbo,

I have a set of the 10 x 42 BRF like yourself. Because I spend the majority of my time behind tripod mounted glasses I am keen to have a look at the 15X version, but would like to make sure they have the latest RF available.

They are great glasses all around for sure

DUH

Well, the main thing is that they use now HD lenses, which result in acrisper and brighter image. I have compared one 2 weeks ago and it is a good improvement! Second thing is, that they improved the rangefinder a bit for longer range meassurements...

Here are more informations: Geovid Ferngläser - Titanium Gunworks

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.