New Lease!!

Forgive this question if it is not proper to ask, I'm from Arizona and we do not have deer leases. Do you lease property by the year? How many friends can go? How many deer can you take? Cost?

Forgive this question if it is not proper to ask, I'm from Arizona and we do not have deer leases. Do you lease property by the year? How many friends can go? How many deer can you take? Cost?

In Texas, we lease property by the year. Usually it is stated in the lease how many guns. The lease can be priced by the acre or by the gun. Each county regulates the maximum number of deer you can take, unless your property is in the managed lands deer lease program, then everything is based on population counts. If not part of the managed lands program, the property owner can put stricter limits on the number of deer you can take. Most leases will also allow dove and feral hog hunting, and killing varmints and predators is almost always a requirement. Cost varies widely on geographic region and quality of the deer. South Texas has monster deer, and this commands monster prices leases. I don't lease land as I own my own place, but cost per gun can range from $1500 to $5000 per gun annually.

Depends what your looking for and what your budget is. We can find you and your buddy's something for sure.

In Texas, we lease property by the year. Usually it is stated in the lease how many guns. The lease can be priced by the acre or by the gun. Each county regulates the maximum number of deer you can take, unless your property is in the managed lands deer lease program, then everything is based on population counts. If not part of the managed lands program, the property owner can put stricter limits on the number of deer you can take. Most leases will also allow dove and feral hog hunting, and killing varmints and predators is almost always a requirement. Cost varies widely on geographic region and quality of the deer. South Texas has monster deer, and this commands monster prices leases. I don't lease land as I own my own place, but cost per gun can range from $1500 to $5000 per gun annually.
Thank you for the quick reply, I do have one additional question if you don't mind. Do land owners advertise leases?

Thank you for the quick reply, I do have one additional question if you don't mind. Do land owners advertise leases?

Absolutely, some of them do. Some don't. Some leases have had guys on them for years and they "sift through" new guys that want to come on the lease if someone leaves.

I guess I never really saw it this way, but I guess our system of dear leases is as foreign and confusing to westerners as y'alls system of points and drawing tags was to me when I first looked into it.

Absolutely, some of them do. Some don't. Some leases have had guys on them for years and they "sift through" new guys that want to come on the lease if someone leaves.

I guess I never really saw it this way, but I guess our system of dear leases is as foreign and confusing to westerners as y'alls system of points and drawing tags was to me when I first looked into it.
Thanks again, I need to think about this some more

Awesome deer very nice pictures. Wana trade a Canadian Elk hunt for a deer hunt.
But serious nice to see big bucks from around the world.

#2 protien.jpg
#2 protien.jpg
02190144.jpg
02190159.jpg
02190160.jpg
02210278.jpg
02210347.jpg
02220456.jpg
02220476.jpg
02220488.jpg
Updated pics after filing the protein feeders for the spring...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts