Look what came in the mail?

My new custom Lane Precision Rifle

300 WM
Proof Research barrel (carbon wrapped)
Jewell trigger
McMillan Rifleman stock
Defiance action
Custom bottom stuff

Let me say that the fit and finish is beyond my expectation. Also, Dallas is one heck of a guy to work with. Answered all my questions and guided me in the right direction. He returned emails, text messages and phone calls quicker than expected.

Now how does she shoot? The supplied target has 3 shots at 100 in the .3s. I am no shooter like Dallas, but can get it in the .4s. I think with a little more work I can get it there also.

Will work up some loads this week and see how she does further out and I will post some follow up results.

Did I mention how excited and pleased I am!

ff4a004341eccda318f06d72f713f0b9_zps74027a56.jpg

954b9f042e2dbae3ec11c8fc78fb758b_zpsc782c217.jpg

97f941608ec328fa338a4500f785eb22_zps162c775f.jpg

Congrats on your new rifle! She is a beauty.
I also have a rifle from Dallas and can attest to his workmanship and customer support. I don't think I will go anywhere else for a custom rifle and already have 2 more in mind that I want him to build.

JackMonkey,

I feel the same way about not going any where else for another custom. In fact, I am kicking around the idea for a sister to this one for deer and lope size animals. Maybe something in a 6.5?

I had Dallas build a 6.5-284 for me. Here is the thread.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/first-custom-lr-rifle-133151/

This rifle shoot sub MOA all day long, even when doing load development. Makes it hard to know what to change when I'm looking at a difference between a 3/4" group and a 1/4" group. Most of the time it's probably me! :D

Different seating depths of Berger VLD.

Attachments

• IMG_0438a.jpg
    IMG_0438a.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 78
Well, I have had it a bit and have run several rounds through it to provide a review.

Like I mentioned in the original thread, the fit and finish is superb. This thing shoots really nice and meets or exceeds Dallas's accuracy gaurantee of 1/2 MOA. at 200 yards, it will shoot easily a 1 inch group with my best being around 11/16 and I am not a shooter.

My load recipe thus far is with H4831sc and 215 Berger Hybrids. After my Wyoming elk trip next month, I will be playing with H1000 and hope it yields even better results.

Another mentionable is the recoil or should I say lack thereof. With the fit of the rifle and the design of the muzzle brake, the felt recoil and noise is extremely tolerable.

Anyway, I could go on and on. So am I pleased with it? I guess I am since I just sent him a deposit for a second one for my son as a Christmas present. I will also be placing another order soon, but this one will be something for me in some kind of 6.5.

Look what came in the mail?

My new custom Lane Precision Rifle

300 WM
Proof Research barrel (carbon wrapped)
Jewell trigger
McMillan Rifleman stock
Defiance action
Custom bottom stuff

Let me say that the fit and finish is beyond my expectation. Also, Dallas is one heck of a guy to work with. Answered all my questions and guided me in the right direction. He returned emails, text messages and phone calls quicker than expected.

Now how does she shoot? The supplied target has 3 shots at 100 in the .3s. I am no shooter like Dallas, but can get it in the .4s. I think with a little more work I can get it there also.

Will work up some loads this week and see how she does further out and I will post some follow up results.

Did I mention how excited and pleased I am!

ff4a004341eccda318f06d72f713f0b9_zps74027a56.jpg

954b9f042e2dbae3ec11c8fc78fb758b_zpsc782c217.jpg

97f941608ec328fa338a4500f785eb22_zps162c775f.jpg

just ordered mine, what color cerakote did you go with?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.