New Kid in Town

Powerfisher

Hi All. My name is Tony (AKA Powerfisher) and I have just started to research Long Range Hunting and this site was highly recomended. I cant spell very good and I have to re-read things a few times for it to sink in. I am not new to shooting or hunting, just to long range. I load my own and right now I am shooting a Remington 700 SPS in a 22/250 26" Hvy BBL w/1:14 TR. I have a Nikko Stirling 6X24X44 on the top. My limit is about 400yds with a .55gr pill. I am working up a load for a 60gr VMAX but I dont know if my 1:14 will keep it true. I enjoy learning things the hard way so thats my current project. Right now I am researching what caliber I want my action in so I can start building. I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA and hunt in CA and NV. Looking forward to everybodies input. Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
"I can't spell very good and i have to re-read things a few times for it to sink in."

Welcome to LRH sounds like we have much in common:)
This is a great site and i haven't herd anyone throwing off on us mis spellers yet ...

Have a good day.

BigBuck

Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good folks and lots of good info. Don't worry about the spelling and re-reads...your in good company. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Speaking of re-reading, I am on my second time through the book "Precision Shooting at 1000 Yards" I dont know what to build.....I am a bit closer though...I think. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to be able to ask questions one day soon.

Welcome to the site! great info here.

Good luck on your quest for what caliber to build! I would post under one of the many sub-forums and ask there, outlining what you want the caliber for, and im sure you'd get loads of informative answers. For practice and hunting out to 1000 (not ideal at 800-1000, too much drift IMHO) it's hard to go wrong with a .308 win.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts