New IOR 9-36x 56mm on the way for the 338 AM....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Been looking around for a scope to mount up on my 60 lb 338 AM for shooting out to +2000 yards and possibly out to the 2 mile marker for testing bullet stability.

I was going to get a NF 8-32 NXS but came across an IOR 9-36. I have shot alot of IOR scopes but never owned one so I figured what the heck. From everything I read this is a great scope so we will see soon.

Will post a review here soon when it gets here and mounted up. Stay tuned if interested.

Kirby Allen(50)

Fifty
Do you have an 8-32 NXS to compair it to?
When I compaired my 6-24x35 to my 8-32x30br(set @ 24x)the NF hit the road and a couple more IORs took up residence.
To me the glass was noticeably better in the IOR,it had a little more MOA adjustment and I like the side adjusters.
Seams to me though that a test between the 8-32NXS and the new 9-36IOR would be a tuff one(if your not already used to the MP-8 reticle)They both have 65MOA of adjustment,are about the same length,weight and have about the same field of view.The biggest differences would be the 4x in power,the 5mm in diamiter and the $$$ difference.
Looking forward to your review!

Kirby

I had one in my hand today at a gun show. I can tell you this I will have one in the near future. The glass looked excelent compared to the nxs next to it. The price was about the same for the IOR or a NXS.

d-a

D-A,

Ordered my from Don at Long Range supply. He charged $1349 and covered the shipping. A new 8-32 NXS will run atr least $1450 the cheapest place I have seen them, then you have to pay for a set of rings as well and shipping.

The rings are included with the price of the IOR scope.

If they are as good a quality as the NF this is a GREAT deal. I am not saying the NF is not an amazing scope. It is and was the one I was going to use. Still, if you can save a couple hundred $$ on a top quality scope, why not try it.

We will see soon.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby

Thast a helluva deal. I havent seen them for less than 1500 other than the one today. I knew thew came with you choice of rings, just didn't know if they would be worth a darn. I figure i will get heat seakins to make me some rings to clear the barrel block any way.

Let me know what you think about them. I could only compare them indoors looking at the darkest corner of the building.

d-a

[ QUOTE ]
Kirby,

How much dinero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ordered my from Don at Long Range supply. He charged <font color="red">$1349 </font> and covered the shipping. A new 8-32 NXS will run atr least $1450 the cheapest place I have seen them, then you have to pay for a set of rings as well and shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

d-a

Jonathan,

Your endorsement is common from what I have been hearing on the IOR scopes. Hope to add my name to the list of happy customers here very soon.

Gave in and told Don to overnight the scope to me, gunsmiths can be impatient at times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

My only regret is that my scope is non-illuminated. It still an awesome scope, but my buddy has an illuminated 2.5x10 and the illumination a great thing to have.

By the way, as far as overnighting the scope.....gunsmith has nothing to do with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm confident you will be on the list!

Scoep came in yesterday, VERY impressed with the initial impression of the scope. It came with high rings which may be a bit higher then I need. Will check out this morning when I mount the scope and see what they look like. May exchange for a set of medium rings.

BIG scope. HEAVY scope!!! Has a very clear and crisp field of view at all powers, even 36x. I would say on par with the Nightforce easily. Will be able to judge better when she is on the rifle.

Hope to shoot her this weekend and will report back with a more detailed evaluation of the scope. So far very nice!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Chris,

The minimum is 40 yards. I presume what are you thinking about. Yes, this would be THE FT scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have just started to modify the big IOR for competition. We will see whether it works or not.

Cheers,

Przemek.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.