New Hunting scope

EVH5150

Im purchasing a new custom 300 win mag shooting 215 bergers. Im looking at the kahles or the atac r scopes, FF1 or SFP, Reticle? Any advice would be appreciated.

Honestly I am open to any advice I receive ....It will be my elk, moose , etc rifle. Thank you.

I've only looked through them but I liked the Atacr 4x16-42 f1 the best, I couldn't hardly see the reticle of the kahles and for a hunting rifle it would be very bulky, but you might like that, I couldn't really tell a whole lot of difference between the glass someone else might but they were about the same to me

The NF 4-16x42 ATACR has become my favorite hunting scope. I like the low profile and the turret feel is very nice and crisp. Glass is very nice.

As for the F1 vs SFP, i always ran SFP hunting scopes but that is beginning to change. Reason is when running a 25x scope and wish to say turn power down to take a closer shot, I dont have to be figuring out what the right wind hold is with my scope reticle.

Other side of the argument is its hard to pick up a F1 reticle when turning the power down and there is relevance to that argument if turning a 25x scope down to 10 but your ok if stay above 15x. Same with the 4-16x42, you might have difficulty with the reticle on 4x.

For me accurate wind holds and appropriate scope for the hunt overcomes the above problems with a F1 reticle.

It's all what you're most comfortable with. I have started using all FFP in Mil and will never look back because it is just so much easier to me.

If weight is a concern, I would look at the AMG Razor at 28 oz. Glass is pretty close to my Kahles and Schmidt.

If weight isn't a concern, I personally would take my Kahles K624i over my Schmidt PM II. The Kahles only weighs 5 oz more than the AMG.

Just too many choices and a lot of good scopes out there. Best of luck in your search!

Been through a bunch of scopes and these are my favorites right now for dedicated hunting rig. March 3-24x42 FFp and AMG. Glass on both are great as are turrets. If u want compact that march without sunshade is tiny.
2338D154-1224-40CB-87A1-83448DF64AC8.jpeg
CBFB48EC-8851-40EB-8977-81DB6566C885.jpeg

If you do not care about 6x at the low end of the power range, I would git a razor hd amg. 6-24x50 in moa reticle and turrits. Remmy700 what action are you uesing on the rifle with the razor hd amg?

I've been running the 3.5x18 X5 with the MOA reticle for 2 years now, I don't think there is a better long range hunting specific scope. I've literally killed for 30 feet to almost 1300 yards. The low light is awesome, and it's pretty lights.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.