New Hunting scope suggestions Budget 750-1500

I'm shopping for about the same thing but trying to keep it under $1000. Features I want are an exposed turret and an internal adjustment range that can dial 25 MOA, with or without a canted rail. I like the weight savings of the Swaro Z5's but they have a very limited adjustment range compared to almost any other comp scope. Plus, I've read with the zero stop, you get less than one revolution. With those limitations and the significant cost difference, I am going to pass on the Z5 option. The Vortex LRT isn't a bad option. I'm probably going to go with a V4 unless I can find a discounted VX-5HD.

In that price range…the Razor LHT is the answer. My biggest concern was the dot reticle when I bought mine, it's my favorite feature. Careful though, they seem to multiply like rabbits if locked in a gun safe 😉😂

Two. Leupold VX3. Scopes A 4.5 to 14X on a 30mm tube inter $700 dollar range and the 8.5 X to25X on a. 30mm. Tube now. Down in the $900. Dollar. Range ! I'm. Very. Happy. With mine !

Nightforce 2.5-10x42 with Mil reticle is what I would suggest in that weight range. Found one new for less than $1500 recently.

If I were spending that money, it would go to a Tract Toric 30mm. If I can get the money together, I will own that scope in the
next year or so.

Agree with the Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 suggestion. Reasonably light and like the fire dot for quick target acquisition at lower magnification. Got mine recently for right under $1000. Added the alumina scope caps for around $150. I haven't ordered the cds turret caps as I am still doing load development, but like the feature to keep it simple to dial up long range shots in the field. Great hunting scope with excellent clarity through my old eyes.

Sightron siii

Can buy used for well under budget and add zerostops on older models. New there still in your range

If going NEW and not used…. In this order.

Swaro Z5.
Zeiss V4.
Maven RS5
Leupold VX5 HD.

I own each and that's how I'd put them. The Z5 is nearly impossible to beat for a 700 yard and under optic.

Last edited: