New Hoyts

dragman

I am really digging the new Hoyt setup. I have a 2014 carbon spyder and looks like the only difference in that line will be the roller guard so I am keeping mine, but I am gonna get the Nitrum Turbo. It just looks sweet!

I shoot a Hoyt Faktor Turbo.
Went to the local shop today and shot the Nitrum 30. I'm looking for something with a shorter ATA. The bow is well balanced and has a very smooth draw. This was a bare bow. There was a lot of vibration after the shot. Salesman said it was due to the ridgity of the riser. Said a stabilizer would take care of it. I didn't have time to shoot it with one today. I will go back this week and try it with a stabilizer and see how it feels.

Last edited:
I have a 2007 Avenger and am in need of an upgrade for sure. I also like the looks of the new Hoyts. I am afraid to go shoot them as I may walk out with something very expensive HAHA

I have a two year old Spyder and that's the best shooting bow I've ever had. I'm scared to try the Faktor or the new Carbon Spyder as I might be too temped to leave with one.

I just got a nitrum 30 Thier a nice shooting bow I realy like the mashine work on rizer ... Had. Spyder 34 be for nitrum Thier a shooter

my last bow was a 2004 Xtec, which I sold 2 years ago after an accident took my leg. I thought I'd never shoot vertical archery again, and got myself a Tenpoint Vapor. Hated it, it's all wrong. The xbow was really nice and accurate, but I sucked with it. I just picked up the 2014 spyder 30, and am absolutely amazed at how far they've come! Fast, silent, light, well balanced, accurate... just wow! Traded my Vapor (that I only had 1k into for the whole kit), so I am way ahead on money, and I still have 10 cx Vapor 350's that were long enough. Very happy to be back, and can't wait for league season!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.