New Hornady FPB Bullet

I hope they offer one a little heavier later. I would want one with at least as much SD as
a 300gr. sabot bullet for penetration on big animals. Looks like a step in the right direction.

Well this is the only one they make right now but i'm sure if this bullet gets popular they will make it in other cals and weights.The powerbelts really sell at the gunshop but if you fire them with a 150 charge they expand like a vmax.

YoteSmoker,

I bought the FPB and zero'd at 50 yds. Shot clean at the range. Probably a 2- 3 inch group using open sights and understand with open sights the gun (TC) outperformed the shooter. Shot two mature mule deer (both bucks); one at 30 and one at 50 yds.

The deer were dispatched as advertised. Bullet works exceedingly well and passed thru on both animals.

I wish I could have sent one of the bullets thru an elk, to give you (and me) more information on penetration of larger game.

I used 100 Grains of 777.

hope this helps
clay

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.