New hog hunt land

snox801

ok so looking for some input from fellow hunters. I've been toying with buying some property in Florida for a few years. Nothing big but a few acres to hunt and possibly do small groups.
I would do a pen hunt so you are sure to get pigs but would do it over feeders. I would also set up a few stands outside for free range stuff. I just don't want to get into an area where free range gets tough until after hours. That way you can for sure get something on a weekend hunt with friends.
So I'm thinking of doing it this year and trying to keep cost down for hunters as I have a real job. If I could get this place paid for and cover cost with a few hunts a year that would be great. So I'm leaning towards avoiding the one pig in and out hunters most places cater to. I would want groups that would be at least 4 guys or a min number of hogs. That way I don't waste my time. I really enjoy guiding so it would be fun for me also. I could manage maybe one group a month I could tell you for sure feeders would always be full and running. Because again I would be using it for my friends also so if it's good for us I'll do it. For you guys hay go in this type of group. How much do you usually spend on hunts for pigs. I'm talking pigs only cause other cost can vary. It would still be a pay per pig no weight or trophy boat fees just flat and easy.
Of course I would do a steep discount for forum members as I think it would be fun to hunt with many of you. I have an idea of how much to charge per pig that is about half what others are. Basically it would be more a value type hunt for guys that like to shoot a lot. What are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Mainly because it is so thick with palmettos that you can get away with less land and feel like your hunting away from people. I.e. Can't see them as easy as in the clear as other states with real trees or desert.

Just thought Texas would be a better choice. Thought land prices might be better, central location(DFW Airport), very hunter friendly, and allows the use of thermals.

Texas close to the coast...we have palmettos here too...East of Houston. Plenty of free range hogs here in Texas too...

Be closer for me to come hunt also!:D

Texas close to the coast...we have palmettos here too...East of Houston. Plenty of free range hogs here in Texas too...

Be closer for me to come hunt also!:D

I love to hunt hogs and don't need this as a job and unlike everyone else I love having people come hunt. I'm sure some day I will guide some kind of hunts. I just love doing it. I take out many new people a year and guide them for deer here in Michigan. In the am I am heading out deer hunting for the late season. They have a special season this year to test for cdw so I'm heading out to do my part with a new hunter. He can really shoot well so I have high hopes to bag a few by noon.

morning, why buy land? TX. has a 1000000 acres to hunt for the price
of the special license. the big thicket in East TX. ?? hog
r a major problem in TX. GBOT TUM

Because you spend tens of thousands of dollars for corn, feeders, cameras, and blinds. Then hours upon hours of your time. Then anyone can reap the fruit of your labor. Then you have to deal with anyone that buys a license and a gun. Then there's the theft.

Because you spend tens of thousands of dollars for corn, feeders, cameras, and blinds. Then hours upon hours of your time. Then anyone can reap the fruit of your labor. Then you have to deal with anyone that buys a license and a gun. Then there's the theft.

Bingo this guy gets it. Everyone always says that but if you only have limited time to hunt you can't spend most of it trying to find where to hunt and set up. Bait and all that. If you have land you can set it up on one trip down and leave your stuff. Most of the time you can talk a local into baiting before you come down for a price.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.