new here and a new rifle!

b-dog

lots of info here I have enjoyed reading. first post. I got a bergara HMR 6.5 a couple weeks ago and have a leupold LRP 6.5-20 on the way. looking forward to setting it up. I have been wanting a 6.5 even before they were cool. LOL Aslo have the leupold rings and bases. I hope these are ok.

Maybe it's just the salesman in me (from back when I had to deal with this same type of stuff daily at the gun store), but I can't stand it when folks call the 6.5CM just a "6.5", as if there are no other 6.5mm cartridges out there, and we're supposed to know what they're talking about.

Example... I used to get "urbanites" coming into the store all the time wanting ammo for their "tree-eight", "clack-clack", "nine", or "fo-five"... Back to the "tree-eight" pistol. Thinking the guy was too stupid to realize it's a .38 Special, I showed him .38 Spl. ammo. He told me it wasn't the right ammo. After a couple minutes, it hit me... That idiot wanted .380 ammo, but was too stupid to even know what ammo his [most-likely stolen] gun shot. I just told him we didn't have any, try WalMart. :cool:

Gotcha, didn't know that. I'm not super familiar with the Bergara rifles.
I just didn't want to start thrashing the new guy, when he just stated his cartridge choice in that particular rifle.
Most of us standing around the range, usually when asked what cartridge we are running, if it's the Creed, we usually say "6.5" if it's the .260 we say ".260" if it's the 6.5x47 lapua, we usually say 6.5 lapua. It's that way around here at least. It's just local rifle "slang"... lol

I just didn't want to start thrashing the new guy, when he just stated his cartridge choice in that particular rifle.
Most of us standing around the range, usually when asked what cartridge we are running, if it's the Creed, we usually say "6.5" if it's the .260 we say ".260" if it's the 6.5x47 lapua, we usually say 6.5 lapua. It's that way around here at least. It's just local rifle "slang"... lol
I know, but for so long I had to deal with specifics to get people exactly what they needed, and to deduce problems and issues, it became a pet peeve of mine. I'll try to dial it down a bit, but I can't make any guarantees.

I have not shot it yet. it is the 6.5 creedmore. Sorry I thought people what know. Cant wait until this week end to start setting it up. The rings are 30MM steel, and the base is the 2 piece bases. Most of the others I have are 1 piece but are long action. not sure if it matters.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.