New guy

I used to fish bass tournaments in Michigan and we lived on the rim canal of Okeechobee for a year before moving here , then we got into offshore fishing . I toy with the notion of selling the Cat and getting a small flats type boat , the Cat just sets on the trailer anymore , seems like the wind is blowing all the time .
I use Jensen Beach causeway to launch now , but have used Sandsprit a bunch , we go there to buy bait from the bait boats on our way out .
You could even think about a bay boat depending on how you fish. That is what we use when we fish saltwater. With decent wind we will run 10-15 mile off the coast. We just did a tournament for kids this past weekend over at lake Kissimmee for the Bobby Lane Cup. We had a great turnout, I think it was somewhere around 320 kids that went out on boats,

You could even think about a bay boat depending on how you fish. That is what we use when we fish saltwater. With decent wind we will run 10-15 mile off the coast. We just did a tournament for kids this past weekend over at lake Kissimmee for the Bobby Lane Cup. We had a great turnout, I think it was somewhere around 320 kids that went out on boats,
Yeah , we had a Bay Boat , it was ok , I could fish Okeechobee and the Ocean , but it was an Epic , and a *** . That might be in our future , but we love the ride of the Cat , and it's huge for a 27 foot boat .

Well , I've never been accused of being too normal , LOL , but I'll try my best .
I am from Michigan originally and grew up hunting whitetail and birds . I've had a few good hunting dogs and thats all I miss about Michigan , walking in the woods with my dogs .
My best hunting story is when I was in Craig Co hunting Elk horseback . Riding through the mountains was a lifetime dream come true . And I shot a small 6x6 (See my Avatar).Not long range , maybe 220 yards , just before dark . Riding a horse in pitch darkness back to camp was just a little frightening , trusting a dumb animal not to walk off a cliff .
I've been back a few times with my crossbow , shot a cow a couple years ago and a barely legal bull this year . I'm 63 with an iffy back so I'm not sure how many more hunts I'll get to take , but I'm trying to set something up for next year .
I'm not a backpacker or have the equipment to go solo and I don't have any friends who want to go , so it hard to find a outfitter taking single hunters . Elk or Moose , not sure which it'll be , but I'm looking at Newfoundland Moose hunts and Colorado Elk , whatever I can line up first .
Welcome, I was born and raised through Jr HS in Michigan as well. Started high school in Texas and stayed put.