New guy with an addiction

Winfwt338-06

Hello all, and thank you for an amazing site to interact with other addicts. A little about me. I love in washington state, raised in oregon. Love guns, hunting, and reloading. I have been blessed to have worked in two major bullet manufacturers, Barnes and Nosler. Spent 5 years with Barnes and a year with Nosler. My picture is in Barnes #3 and Nosler #4 releasing manuals. I worked in the ballistics lab at both companies and in no way claim to represent either company. Both make amazing products and I am happy to answer questions and share the knowledge I gained. I am 47 years old been reloading since I was 12. I love hunting blacktail, and mule deer as well as elk. I like to be different in what I shoot and tend to build Wildcats instead of standard calibers. Shoot everything from a 1907 win 1894 30wcf octagon bbl to a recently built Win 70 fwt I rebarreled from 280 Rem, which I love, too a 24" bbl 338-06. A cartridge that was standardized by the wrong company. I believe had Win, Rem or Ruger introduced the standardized cartridge, and focused on the merits of the performance increase over its parent cartridge, and made more affordable rifles for the hunter/ shooter to buy, the 338-06 may still be factory produced ammo. I enjoy seeing the spoils of a successful hunt, and have a few breaking pics to share myself. Looking forward to engaging in conversation, fyi I do work 10 to 11 hour days so if I don't respond quickly I'm not ignoring you, likely won't be able to read posts till home at night. Thanks again for the forum

Welcome from N.E. Florida.

Love the 338-06 myself. Had one in a Remington Sportsmans 78 action many years ago but, let it get away. Going to build one on a Winchester M70 Classic CRF action next. Planning on a Bartlein 24" SS 5R 1 in 8.5 twist Rem Varmint contour barrel. Want to shoot 250gr to 300gr for paper/steel and some of the heavier Hammer bullets for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.