New Guy, looking for a gunsmith in Bay area of California

dennyA

Heys folks, I'm probably using the wrong page, but I am and avid deer hunter . I hunt in California, (blacktails), and albeit I am 65, everyday I p/u my rifle I am just as excited as I was at 12yrs. old.
I have been fortunate and killed, (I hate the word harvested), many deer.

Enough, I live in the Bay area of California and I am looking for a good gunsmith. Few and far between, can anyone help? I don't need anything super technical done, ie; a stock shortened and a trigger worked over.
Thanks and go hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Guy, but OLD

Welcome. If no one responds just post your question one more time under a different title. Lots of people just read the title and don't bother to read much more.

Good luck with your search for a decent gunsmith in the bay area. There are a few but I have never been happy with the work that they do. Scopes that fall off and other such nonesense.

I have a buddy that does stock work and trigger jobs for friends. He is super picky so it will come back perfect. We have done several bedding jobs together and they have all come out real well. He doesn't do machine work for other people.
Send me a pm and i will forward his information to you if you are interested. He does a lot of mauser work. He lives in the north bay.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.