New Guy intro, Maryland...

Cigar

Hi all...

I have been lurking for a while now.. Each time I log on you guys bring me "in" further....
This ,long range Shooting, has been a snake bit project for over a decade.. I bought a 7mm Sendero the 1st year they came out and still don't have it out of the box... I have a Loupy 6.5x 20 yeap still in the box... A lot of life happened between then and now...

A little about me; I hunt waterfowl mostly.. It is my 1st love and I try to live eat and breath it... I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever that is a great friend and a hunting companion... I can't believe the amount of birds a well trained dog saves you never mind the time that they save you getting each bird..

lightbulb Now that I think of it; it's a wash because of the time that go's into training a pup... About 2 months 15 min a day just to learn and teach hand signals alone... I still would not trade it...

My go to deer rifle is a Ruger ,tang safety, 270win that I shoot 140gr NBT... Longest shot with that on a deer was at 120 yards..Bang-flop..
I had a custom Ruger #1 in a 257 Wby.mag... Sold it... Longest shot on a deer was 248 on a rangefinder.. Bang-step-flop..

Right now I am just trying to learn... With the amount of info you guys put on the table, it's like trying catch a river with a coffee cup...

I just wanted to introduce myself a little...
I have a few more things to get and learn before I start really getting in to shooting 300 to 600 yards....

Thanks and have a Happy New Year...

John Molnar.

John,
Welcome to LRH.com, this is a very useful webpage, if you want to learn how to LRH then this is the place to visit and read and learn.
I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. I do.:) I agree with you
With the amount of info you guys put on the table, it's like trying catch a river with a coffee cup...
But with time you get the hang of it.
Just a warning: it is very addictive!!!:D
Enjoy it and Happy New Year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.