New guy here help me with a nice rifle !!!

There are several good suggestions offered here.
I see you're located somewhere in Texas. As you I'm very familiar with Hill Country rifles. I'll offer another choice that I have personal experience with and it's Impact Precision located across the Red River in Tishomingo OK.
I really enjoy PD hunting and practicing long range shooting to become a better shot. I'm not suggesting this caliber is what you want or need, but I'll sure testify it's very very accurate.
That Impact Precision 737 action. Bartlein barrel, Trigger tech Diamond in a MPA chassis ran less than $4000 plus a NF ATACR 7-35 another $3000
Being able to order and install another barrel with only a barrel vise and action wrench sold me. I only have one of them as the rest of my rifles are mostly Tikka actions with upgraded barrels

$10k will get you a APR full custom with a Nightforce ATACR. Would be a stretch to get a GA Precision and a March scope for less than that. If you're going to skimp on something, don't do it on the glass, it'll last you for multiple rifles.

If you only want to hit steel or paper and aren't worried about on-animal performance, any of the 6.5mms would work, but bigger will make it easier. I would choose 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284 over the 6.5 Creedmoor. 6.5 PRC might have an edge in a wider range of factory ammo offerings, but you should be buying in enough quantity that supply isn't a concern for you.

A nickels worth of free advice. Do a lot more research, and reset your budget to $5,000 - ~$2,500 for the rifle and ~$2,500 for the glass. You WILL get a rife that outshoots your ability at that price point. If APR will sell you a Ranger in 6.5 Creed or 6.5PRC for that price, go for it. Christensen would be well in that price range also. Shoot that rifle until you wear out the barrel. By then you'll know what you want to spend $10,000 on, and you'll have a very nice scope ready to go for it.
I see you are thinking about a new rifle. I had one built by Grag Young at Southern Precision Rifles. I had it built then got some bad news about my health. The rifle has only been shot approximately 60 rds. 6.5 CM, Stiller action, Bartlein fluted 3b 24" barrel, Vais muzzle brake, Black cerakote, McMillan game warden stock, HS Precision bottom metal, NF NXS 5-25×56 with two caps, 120 and 140 gr. Excellent condition. $4,800
757-999-4264

I have always been a 1911 and have variety multiple of customs done over the years including some supergrade . I do own one ar made by Wilson . I shot 50bmg few times over few months made by barret and I love it . That has wanted me to get a bolt
Action for a long range shooting maybe for hunting and shooting steel . I would definitely like to get an already assembled made rifle and have not much decided on caliber which is good and can shoot easily around 1000 yards made be 6.5 creed.
do excuse my ignorance still trying to learn as much as possible in rifle game . I am
Always considering talking a rifle
Class soon at our gun range to learn more aspects of that .
I have seen many rifles for sale on gunbroker made by gunwerks . Also hill country and APR are pretty much local to us here in Texas .
many recommendations
Thanks
My 2 cents, i dont believe u will get a better, more accurate rifle than benchmark will build for you. You choose your action, trigger, caliber, and what length and contour of barrel, stock or chasis, and glass/optic. Call and talk to Ron, Bill or Kortney, tell them your wants, needs and plans for use. They will help you assemble an amazing rifle, at much less than the big names. Many of these use BM barrels. They are all lr shooters and top notch craftsmen .

My 2 cents, i dont believe u will get a better, more accurate rifle than benchmark will build for you. You choose your action, trigger, caliber, and what length and contour of barrel, stock or chasis, and glass/optic. Call and talk to Ron, Bill or Kortney, tell them your wants, needs and plans for use. They will help you assemble an amazing rifle, at much less than the big names. Many of these use BM barrels. They are all lr shooters and top notch craftsmen .
I built a 6.5 prc used straight jacket armory too barrel up a curtis axiom action made in Hondo Tx carbon fiber proof research barrel west tx swith lug dimond tech trigger with a self timing brake ordered a A G stock toped off with seekins rings my choice of scope meopta optica 6 - 3x18diacro reticle next barrel will be a prefit 300 wsm can change barrels in a few minutes it is a tac driver total under 4 grand

$10k will get you a APR full custom with a Nightforce ATACR. Would be a stretch to get a GA Precision and a March scope for less than that. If you're going to skimp on something, don't do it on the glass, it'll last you for multiple rifles.

If you only want to hit steel or paper and aren't worried about on-animal performance, any of the 6.5mms would work, but bigger will make it easier. I would choose 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284 over the 6.5 Creedmoor. 6.5 PRC might have an edge in a wider range of factory ammo offerings, but you should be buying in enough quantity that supply isn't a concern for you.

A nickels worth of free advice. Do a lot more research, and reset your budget to $5,000 - ~$2,500 for the rifle and ~$2,500 for the glass. You WILL get a rife that outshoots your ability at that price point. If APR will sell you a Ranger in 6.5 Creed or 6.5PRC for that price, go for it. Christensen would be well in that price range also. Shoot that rifle until you wear out the barrel. By then you'll know what you want to spend $10,000 on, and you'll have a very nice scope ready to go for it.
I agree 100% with these comments. There is a lot of truth in the "you get what u pay for" phrase, but at a certain point you're not getting any additional benefits and only making some guy's boat payment....in this case several boat payments.
You will get pointed in the right direction for choosing a caliber, builder, components, etc by listening to the guys on this site.
My #1 suggestion is to buy the best glass you can afford. Select a reticle that you like first and go with a top shelf brand.
For ex, I dial my yardage, and honestly only shoot for practice at longer distances. Hunting is my primary application. I don't like busy reticles and found that my shooting tightened up using a single illuminated dot and a basic duplex or German #4 reticle is my personal preference. The last rifle I had built I topped with a Schmidt & Bender Exos 3-21x50. It's as rugged and indestructible as a Nightforce and has the clarity and brightness equal to a Swarovski Z8i. It is a touch heavy 32oz....if u need to shave weight consider the Z8i or a March Compact 2.5-25. Both have reticles that I prefer along with others which have holdover hashes. Trust me, getting the best glass possible is a move you'll never regret. For the record, the Leica Magnus is also top tier glass.
There is nothing wrong with a high end factory produced rifle either. Cooper makes great shooters and stands by their builds. The most accurate hunting rifle I've ever seen is a Cooper model 52, chambered in 280ai.....my buddy owns it and I've watched him shoot the smallest groups I've ever witnessed at 300yds. He has 5 or 6 Coopers and the worst of the bunch still shoots a touch under .5moa.
Hell u could buy 2 Coopers and 2 nice scopes for 10k or a little more.
Good luck.....most everyone I've encountered on this site are great guys that will shoot u straight and offer to help with almost anything.

Bait out, taken then the set. "Bg stuff" might have some $$$ but definitely not a long range hunter... I really thought when I came to this site I left them far behind... I guess not.

Maybe around 10k or less
Wow, for "That has wanted me to get a bolt action for a long range shooting maybe for hunting and shooting steel," $10k is a high entry point.
Right now there is an ammo and reloading supplies shortage, so it is common to see posts by folks who got a new rifle but can't shoot it.
I agree with the members who recommend getting two rifles and good glass for $10k. But, you may not be able to shoot either for some time.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent round for deer and smaller animals. I prefer a .270, 7mm mag, 300 or similar for elk, especially for new hunters.
You have gotten quite a few recommendations. So, again IMO, take a look at a Masterpiece Arms 6.5 PRC or 300 PRC for steel - you will hit 1,000 yards in no time and go beyond. For your hunting rifle, lots of choices: factory rifles = Bergara, Browning, Seekins, Win, Wby & others under $2k. For custom rifles, follow the above recommendations. For scopes @ ~$2k, check out neutral reviews In addition to some thoughts from above.

Bait out, taken then the set. "Bg stuff" might have some $$$ but definitely not a long range hunter... I really thought when I came to this site I left them far behind... I guess not.
We hunters and shooters are very good at fracturing and splitting ourselves. Doesn't sound like a troll, sounds like someone getting into the game with a fair amount of cash in his pocket and looking for advice. You were a novice once as well.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.