New guy here help me with a nice rifle !!!

I have always been a 1911 and have variety multiple of customs done over the years including some supergrade . I do own one ar made by Wilson . I shot 50bmg few times over few months made by barret and I love it . That has wanted me to get a bolt
Action for a long range shooting maybe for hunting and shooting steel . I would definitely like to get an already assembled made rifle and have not much decided on caliber which is good and can shoot easily around 1000 yards made be 6.5 creed.
do excuse my ignorance still trying to learn as much as possible in rifle game . I am
Always considering talking a rifle
Class soon at our gun range to learn more aspects of that .
I have seen many rifles for sale on gunbroker made by gunwerks . Also hill country and APR are pretty much local to us here in Texas .
many recommendations
Thanks
I would call Ryan at Piercision Rifles he is great to talk to and is a world class shooter and rifle builder. I got a 300 Norma improved from him last year and its awsome.

The only real advice I would give you is define 2 things to yourself first. This is absolutely critical in any custom rifle.

1) Define a single use for the rifle. Don't get into the trap of I want a big game, benchrest, prs, target,etc rifle. Be specific like, I want a long range antelope, deer rifle for 400-900 yd shots off a tripod.

2) Define what makes a rifle custom to you. Wood stock? Engraving? A certain stock pattern? Flush cup swivels? bedded? Trigger feel? Trigger weight? Gunsmith built? Gunsmith's name recognition? Smoothness of feeding? 1/2,1/4,1 moa?? weight? Whatever the key points you see on custom rifles that you admire, try to document those and determine which mean it is custom to you.

I say these 2 items, because anymore, if you want a 1 moa rifle with a decent stock and scope, there are many factory rifles that are quite close and pretty good or just need a few $ worth of work vs a full custom from $2500 - $100000.

Tikka, Howa, Winchester, Sako, Cooper, HS Precision and a few others make a decent factory rifle.

BigBoyStuf....do you have an email address? The pm system on this site seldom seems to work..

Good point, especially if you want to run factory ammo I would throw TacOps in the very short list

10k for me it would be a no brained. Get a Sako TRG in 300 WM. Top it with either a NF Atacr or Leupold Mark 5 with MTD rings and fire away.

If you put a APA LB gens 2 on the 300 it will shoot almost identically to the 6.5 set up the same way (We have both) and you'll have the extra power you need down range for big game should you so choose. Finish it off with an Atlas bi-pod.

300WM or 6.5 creed either way will serve your purpose. Both are easy to get components for and reload should you choose to do so and both have excellent choices in factory ammo.

If you want to down grade a little go with a Sako 85 variant or S20 of your choice and the Mark 5 or Athlon Cronus gen 2 and a Harris bi-pod, same rings.

AI and Surgeon also make great rifles in your price range and there is nothing wrong with a GA percision. Good luck and have fun learning this addiction!😂

I have always been a 1911 and have variety multiple of customs done over the years including some supergrade . I do own one ar made by Wilson . I shot 50bmg few times over few months made by barret and I love it . That has wanted me to get a bolt
Action for a long range shooting maybe for hunting and shooting steel . I would definitely like to get an already assembled made rifle and have not much decided on caliber which is good and can shoot easily around 1000 yards made be 6.5 creed.
do excuse my ignorance still trying to learn as much as possible in rifle game . I am
I have seen many rifles for sale on gunbroker made by gunwerks . Also hill country and APR are pretty much local to us here in Texas .
many recommendations
Thanks
many recommendations
Thanks

$10k will get you a APR full custom with a Nightforce ATACR. Would be a stretch to get a GA Precision and a March scope for less than that. If you're going to skimp on something, don't do it on the glass, it'll last you for multiple rifles.

If you only want to hit steel or paper and aren't worried about on-animal performance, any of the 6.5mms would work, but bigger will make it easier. I would choose 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284 over the 6.5 Creedmoor. 6.5 PRC might have an edge in a wider range of factory ammo offerings, but you should be buying in enough quantity that supply isn't a concern for you.

A nickels worth of free advice. Do a lot more research, and reset your budget to $5,000 - ~$2,500 for the rifle and ~$2,500 for the glass. You WILL get a rife that outshoots your ability at that price point. If APR will sell you a Ranger in 6.5 Creed or 6.5PRC for that price, go for it. Christensen would be well in that price range also. Shoot that rifle until you wear out the barrel. By then you'll know what you want to spend $10,000 on, and you'll have a very nice scope ready to go for it.
many recommendations
Thanks
$10k will get you a APR full custom with a Nightforce ATACR. Would be a stretch to get a GA Precision and a March scope for less than that. If you're going to skimp on something, don't do it on the glass, it'll last you for multiple rifles.

If you only want to hit steel or paper and aren't worried about on-animal performance, any of the 6.5mms would work, but bigger will make it easier. I would choose 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284 over the 6.5 Creedmoor. 6.5 PRC might have an edge in a wider range of factory ammo offerings, but you should be buying in enough quantity that supply isn't a concern for you.

A nickels worth of free advice. Do a lot more research, and reset your budget to $5,000 - ~$2,500 for the rifle and ~$2,500 for the glass. You WILL get a rife that outshoots your ability at that price point. If APR will sell you a Ranger in 6.5 Creed or 6.5PRC for that price, go for it. Christensen would be well in that price range also. Shoot that rifle until you wear out the barrel. By then you'll know what you want to spend $10,000 on, and you'll have a very nice scope ready to go for it.
I've just finished my 2nd build by GAP by where I supply most of the parts. I don't think you can get a better quality rifle. I'm about to start gathering parts for a lightweight fun accurate rifle - 6mm dasher. Below is cost to build as good as you can buy.
Receiver: Defiance Tenacity or AntiX = $1000
DBM & mags: $300
Barrel: Bartlein CF wrapped = 800 (can go with solis steel for $400)
Stock: Manners EH1A = $700 (can get non-adjustable for $500) Don't spend 4K to 6K ans save money on stock. You truly get what you pay for. Same as with most of these parts.
Trigger: many selection here at about $250 - Calvin Elite, Jewel, etc
Brake: $175
Cerakote: $250 - $300
Labor: $800 - 1300
Scope: Leopold Mark 5HD FFP illuminated 3.4x18x44 with 35mm erector tube = $2300
My total cost for finished tack driver in 6.5 PRC Defiance Hunter XM action, Bartlein 8-7.5 RH gain twist fluted steel bbl, Manners EH1A, Calvin Elite trigger, Fat Bastard brake, APA DBM & mags. My total cost for a beautiful accurate rifle good for hunting or LR target shooting is around $4300 + 2300 for scope = $6500 from GA Precision. Gunwerks, with the exception of buyers on this forum, is marketing a brand with a package that most of us don't need and can build superior at a lower cost.

many recommendations
Thanks
Maybe around 10k or less
many recommendations
Thanks
Pm me I have a rifle you may want to look at. Thanks

Very sound advice!

You are getting very sound advice here! Throwing out a large budget like you did can only get you confused. As one said.....you can get two really good set-ups to get you started....but not knowing in the LEAST where to start caliber wise....IS HUGE! Let alone gun make. Start small...6.5 creed / probably 6.5 PRC would be best. You have less chance of developing BAD HABITS....i.e. recoil mitigation, weight distribution...and unnecessary expense to practice.....best of luck...and welcome to the Rifle world!

many recommendations
Thanks
Check out Beanland Custom Rifles. Jon Beanland builds fine rifles.

I would try a couple of rifles from friends or other competitors before dropping that kind of money. You really need a frame of reference to define the "best" rifle for yourself. Window shopping is okay but, talking to a real gunsmith after shooting a couple of different rifles is much better.

I have been looking at a 6XC but, for PRS style shooting a 6GT bolt action from GAP, APA or, other similar shops is a good start. Then figure out your glass. I have a couple of Hensoldt scopes (under Zeiss ownership) that I prefer but, others like Kahles, S&B, ... better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.