New Guy from upstate NY

Short Round

Hi there,

Just found the website the other day while doing a search for 6.5mm accubond issues. Good to see I'm not the only one who found them inaccurate contrary to their name. That's a shame to because I like the idea of a bonded bullet staying together. yeah yeah yeah, I know a core lokt will kill just about anything in this country (USA).

This looks like another interesting site for me to frequent. I thought I heard reference to this site of sniper's hide, my other source for guys nitpicking accuracy on rifles.

Well cheers gang and good hunting this fall!

Short Round

Hi there,

Just found the website the other day while doing a search for 6.5mm accubond issues. Good to see I'm not the only one who found them inaccurate contrary to their name. That's a shame to because I like the idea of a bonded bullet staying together. yeah yeah yeah, I know a core lokt will kill just about anything in this country (USA).

This looks like another interesting site for me to frequent. I thought I heard reference to this site of sniper's hide, my other source for guys nitpicking accuracy on rifles.

Well cheers gang and good hunting this fall!

Short Round

First: Welcome to Long Range Hunting !!

Sorry you are having trouble with the Accubonds, I have not had anything but great luck and
accuracy with them. In fact all of my rifles shoot well with them and I really like the performance
on game.

Some of the target bullets will slightly out perform the Accubonds on paper but on game I can
find no equal for consistency shot to shot.

There are a lot of things that can make a rifle like or dislike one bullet or another and it sounds
like you have one of those.

There is a lot of 6.5 shooters on this web site that will share there loads with you if you ask.

Just post the calibre, action,barrel, stock and your loads and you will receive lots of help.

Again Welcome !!!

J E CUSTOM

A moniker from my days on a mortar squad. I was the shortest guy.

A short round as you might likely guess was one that didn't fly the full distance it was supposed to for the charge.

4.2 inch mortar made by Whirlpool washing machine company in case anyone was curious. Data plate was complete with the company swirl.

Thank you kindly!

PS- you probably wouldn't recognize it anymore, very few of the old white painted buildings of old post left. They've sunk a gazillion dollars into the place. Good for the troops as they need some decent things in their life up here. Only the outdoorsmen like it up here, most of the city boys absolutely despise the place due to the winters. There is plenty of fishing and hunting for the good ole boys.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.