New guy from Texas

DustThroughaFan

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. I've lurked here off and on over the years and finally decided to join up. Mainly for the reloading classifieds lol. I've read some good articles here and undoubtedly there's more I can learn from the members here.

Currently my interest are mostly learning how to shoot better at distance, I've shot out to 750ish fairly easy but past that I have trouble. Made a couple hits at the 1000 mark but I don't get to shoot it often. I'm also getting into doing my own gunsmithing, purchased an old jet lathe at an estate sale of a smith that was local to me, that had passed on, and completely tore it down cleaned, and rebuilt it. I've successfully crowned and threaded a few barrels on it and headspaced a remington 700 that a man, who was formerly a member here had chambered for me, and it actually shoots pretty good so im happy about that haha. I'm a pretty avid reloader as well, been reloading since I was about ten years old I guess. Started with shotgun and moved into loading for my rifles around fourteen and now I pretty much load for everything I own.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.

Welcome from SE PA! I was a former lurker as well, I have enjoyed this site tremendously, it is a knowledge bank. I am a self taught reloader.
I bought a lathe to do my own threading and chambering, you are ahead of me as mine is not setup yet.
My sons have figured out the shotgun shell reloading, it is still Greek to me.

Welcome from SE PA! I was a former lurker as well, I have enjoyed this site tremendously, it is a knowledge bank. I am a self taught reloader.
I bought a lathe to do my own threading and chambering, you are ahead of me as mine is not setup yet.
My sons have figured out the shotgun shell reloading, it is still Greek to me.
You're going to find so many uses for that lathe you'll wonder how you ever got along without one.

When I had mine torn apart for cleaning and repairs I swear, every time I turned around I was needing it for something. So glad it's back together.

Oh, and just to let you know, buying the lathe was the cheapest part. Now you get to buy tooling!

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. I've lurked here off and on over the years and finally decided to join up. Mainly for the reloading classifieds lol. I've read some good articles here and undoubtedly there's more I can learn from the members here.

Currently my interest are mostly learning how to shoot better at distance, I've shot out to 750ish fairly easy but past that I have trouble. Made a couple hits at the 1000 mark but I don't get to shoot it often. I'm also getting into doing my own gunsmithing, purchased an old jet lathe at an estate sale of a smith that was local to me, that had passed on, and completely tore it down cleaned, and rebuilt it. I've successfully crowned and threaded a few barrels on it and headspaced a remington 700 that a man, who was formerly a member here had chambered for me, and it actually shoots pretty good so im happy about that haha. I'm a pretty avid reloader as well, been reloading since I was about ten years old I guess. Started with shotgun and moved into loading for my rifles around fourteen and now I pretty much load for everything I own.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.
Welcome
Some good information here and good people

Recent Posts