New guy from Middle Tennessee

BrushPig

My name is Matthew, I from middle Tennessee, I enjoy hunting and shooting. I've owned a Ruger 260 and a Ruger 7mm in the past, but regretfully sold them. I'm wanting to hunt deer, hogs, and coyote. I currently only have access to 500-600 yard fields.

I'm looking for a bolt action, 6.5 creedmoor, 308, 30-06, or 300 win mag. I prefer a heavy/bull barrel, as most of my hunting is from a blind and I'm not carrying it for hours. But I'm on a pretty tight budget (>600) since we're expecting baby number two. I've been looking at the Ruger American hunter, I would like y'alls opinion though.

My name is Matthew, I from middle Tennessee, I enjoy hunting and shooting. I've owned a Ruger 260 and a Ruger 7mm in the past, but regretfully sold them. I'm wanting to hunt deer, hogs, and coyote. I currently only have access to 500-600 yard fields.

I'm looking for a bolt action, 6.5 creedmoor, 308, 30-06, or 300 win mag. I prefer a heavy/bull barrel, as most of my hunting is from a blind and I'm not carrying it for hours. But I'm on a pretty tight budget (>600) since we're expecting baby number two. I've been looking at the Ruger American hunter, I would like y'alls opinion though.
Welcome from southern middle Tennessee

Welcome Sir. Are you aware that the 260 is 80 to 100 fps faster depending on bullet weight than a CM. I might note I take my elk each year with a 6.5.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.