New guy from Kansas

If I re barrel it, it will be either a 7.5 or an 8 twist with a match chamber to have the room for the heavy for caliber bullets. I love that round as it pretty much does everything some of the new ones do
Oh brother where art thou? My great Grandpa came through Kansas in 1877 on his way west. I think he must have stopped for a quick one....quick uh snack...yeah a snack in Kansas. I like your thoughts in general for sure.......are you sure your thinking about the same 243 WINCHESTER that's been around for 70 years or so. I'm pretty sure the internet says it does not exist anymore. I think you meant 6mm Remington didn't you because on MM's the new ones is all there is? Just enjoying a chuckle don't need to respond. I cant wait to see what you post up for results.

Which part of the state are you from I'm on the eastern part
I've always had a passion for shooting. I've been reloading for over 15 years. I started to get the bug to shoot long range several years ago but had to drive a long way to shoot. A couple of years ago a range out to 1360 yds opened up 45 minutes from my house, so now I'm finally going to get into it.

I've watch your videos and read forum posts for a while and decided to join. My main decision right now is I can't decide whether to build my .243 into a LR rifle or finally jump on the 6.5 cm bandwagon. Thanks for letting me join and I hope everyone hits there mark in the year to come. As always (aim small miss small).
Which part of the state are you from I'm on the eastern part
I live in the eastern part myself not far from FortScott. David

Oh brother where art thou? My great Grandpa came through Kansas in 1877 on his way west. I think he must have stopped for a quick one....quick uh snack...yeah a snack in Kansas. I like your thoughts in general for sure.......are you sure your thinking about the same 243 WINCHESTER that's been around for 70 years or so. I'm pretty sure the internet says it does not exist anymore. I think you meant 6mm Remington didn't you because on MM's the new ones is all there is? Just enjoying a chuckle don't need to respond. I cant wait to see what you post up for results.
Ya it might be old and rusty and I know it can only go out to 200 yards and is only good for squirrels,ground hogs and coyotes. But I have a dream even if it's only good for 100 yards haha. I think most people have forgotten about that little caliber as it's not the latest and greatest that the pro's use. Almost the same ballistics as a 6cm if you run the same twist

I live in the eastern part myself not far from FortScott. David
You're not to far south of me. I'm just south of Overland Park

Xbolt.JPG

Welcome!

I fired 100 Norma Whitetail 150gr rounds through my 06 last Friday to get the brass fire formed. Barely a hint of soreness on my shoulder the next day. The weight of the rifle combined with an APA Little Bastard brake really tames it https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/products/gen-3-little-bastard-self-timing-muzzle-brake

View attachment 335031

Welcome!

I fired 100 Norma Whitetail 150gr rounds through my 06 last Friday to get the brass fire formed. Barely a hint of soreness on my shoulder the next day. The weight of the rifle combined with an APA Little Bastard brake really tames it https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/products/gen-3-little-bastard-self-timing-muzzle-brake
Mine likes 180gr Partitions. It's only a stock Savage 111 so it's kinda light. It also has the stock pencil barrel on it so I can't put a break on it

I've always had a passion for shooting. I've been reloading for over 15 years. I started to get the bug to shoot long range several years ago but had to drive a long way to shoot. A couple of years ago a range out to 1360 yds opened up 45 minutes from my house, so now I'm finally going to get into it.

I've watch your videos and read forum posts for a while and decided to join. My main decision right now is I can't decide whether to build my .243 into a LR rifle or finally jump on the 6.5 cm bandwagon. Thanks for letting me join and I hope everyone hits there mark in the year to come. As always (aim small miss small).
Welcome aboard from SW Wa.