New guy from Grande Prairie, Alberta (Canada)

Fishcop669

Hi - I found myself snooping on the site many times via google searches for information and gear related to accuracy and shooting/ballistics etc, so I figured I should get on here officially and stop creeping as an outsider.

Welcome.
I've spent some time hunting in the Wanham area with a good friend of mine Mike White.
Beautiful open country, and a long range hunter's paradise.

Hello I'm new here too. I have a few hunting stories about the Peace country too.
Joel talks about Wahnam and the possibilities... I'm guessing he could be talking about the Smokey River valley and the open fields around it.
I live near the Battle River valley now and do most of my shooting there.
I'm saving up for my next project which is a 338 Lapua. My pals got to try them just after I got out and now the C3 is almost gone and the cranky "Big Mac" awaits more worthwhile targets.
After a few chats with the guys and three friends on civy street getting them, I have decided to get one. Hey I can only be consistant to 1200 with the old trix, so you can't blame me for wanting to be able to dance at 2000 like my pal Darcy.
I have worked up a 55gr 222 load for yotes with H322 powder down the 26" tube of my rifle. Am going to test it out to 600yds once this cold blast of -28C is gone.
If they are too far away I have a 168gr (matchking should just leave a hole in each side of the hide, but a very dead dog) 2940fps surprise out of the old trix for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.