New guy from central Florida

Mojo73

Hello everyone
I am Florida native farmer and father of three. I grow citrus and caladiums. I'm an avid hunter and shooter, even though most of my free time these days is spent coaching youth baseball and softball. Growing up in Florida flatland 300 yards was a really long shot. I got into long range shooting when I began hunting a friends farm in western Kansas. I've been following the sight for years and decided it was time to join. Looking forward to learning a lot and putting in my two cents where I can help.

Welcome to LRH Mojo. Have you ever shot at Manatee Gun & Archery Range? They are the only certified 1000 yard range in the state of Florida. I am in N.Fl. now but used to shoot there every other weekend. Enjoy the site.

Don Dunlap gun)

I've never been there. We have lots of open land near home. Getting out to six hundred is not hard. I might have to try it but a friend is working on getting us access to a private 1000 yard range about 50 miles from us.

welcome, I'm over in okeechobee. We have a nice 200yd range here and 4 times a month we can shoot to 500. Have heard good things about the Manatee range but just haven't had the chance to go over there. E

I lived in Plam Beach County for over 40 years. I cut my teeth on ELR out in the Sugar Cane fields. My buddy a retired PBCSO ran the SWAT team. He taught me how to shoot long range out to over a mile using the cane and bullrush to read the wind. He grew up in Pahokee and new the big wigs at the fields, they put a backstop in for him and in return he worked on their rifles and taught them how to shoot LR. I miss those days, the cane fields where about a 20 minute ride from my house and we would go anytime we felt like it. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.