New Guy from Bama

gv3rd

Been on a few other forums before LRH, but read numerous articles from this site. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone. Been hunting for a while now, mostly small game and deer, but getting more and more interested in long range shooting and hunting. Custom rifles have also been peaking my interest for a while now. I'm an avid reloader as well. Hopefully I can add some value to this site.

Regards,
George

Welcome! As long as you don't bring any of that "Roll Tide" crap in here you'll be fine!lol. I spent a few years hunting deer outside Andalusia. Love Alabama. Can't wait to move back down south. Oh, and Go Big Orange / Rocky Top / Go Vols!

Fortunately for me it's all Roll Tide! Kind of walking with our tails tucked this year. Oh well, can stay on top forever. I'm almost halfway between Birmingham and Montgomery. Originally from Mobile.

Just finished up deer season, so that was most of what I have been doing recently. 150yd or less. Have some property that I'm setting up to shoot on, but will be limited to 350 yds. Still better than nothing. I have everything from ar's to custom bolt rifles, but prefer the bolts. Most of the shooting has just been punching paper recently trying to improve on technique and consistency. I would like to start shooting longer distances, but limited on places to shoot and time more so than anything lately.

Don't start shooting long distance it lead to custom builds and travel to far off places for bragging rights. I will be in Louisiana next month for a 1000 yard match.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.