New Guy from AZ

I am a ways into my load development at this point - but to start, I tried out a few different bullets to see what my gun liked (although I had been shooting factory ELD-Xs for some time and getting sub MOA groups). Tried the Berger 140 VLDs, Hornady BTHPs, etc. Obviously was somewhat limited with current availability... but the Tikka again loved the ELD-Xs.

Then I moved to playing with different powder charges of H4350 and ended up with a few nodes that shot very well - sub 1/2 MOA. Unfortunately, I haven't broken out the chrono so I can't give any more color on velo.

Just rolled out some hand loads at varying seating depths with the ELD-Xs and my top two powder charges, starting at 20 thou off the lands and backing off incrementally. Headed to the range this weekend to put those through some paper!
147 ELDMs are the range steel loads at less than $0.40 a piece. But here is a shot on a Utah Muley. He had a serious heart problem from the 147 ELDM. I was quite satisfied with the terminal performance.

147 ELDMs are the range steel loads at less than $0.40 a piece. But here is a shot on a Utah Muley. He had a serious heart problem from the 147 ELDM. I was quite satisfied with the terminal performance.
9540BDD3-DFBD-4E94-9C2F-49CBC6633CA7.jpeg

Attachments

• 92AD10EE-1FC4-4D67-8E1C-C7BD236AC61B.jpeg
    92AD10EE-1FC4-4D67-8E1C-C7BD236AC61B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Been a long time contributor and member to a few other notable hunting/shooting forums, but new to the Long Range Hunting forum - so I wanted to introduce myself. I was born and raised in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, AZ), and hunting and fishing are my favorite passions.

I somewhat recently jumped into reloading and haven't looked back. When I mentioned my new obsession to one of my hunting buddies, he commented "my hobbies don't need hobbies". In my opinion, that couldn't be further from the truth! I joined the forum to hopefully further my knowledge on the subject and to get involved with a group that shares the same obsession.

Currently working up a hunting load for my custom Tikka T3X chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor (bring on the skinny jean jokes!). A few pictures of the build included below, happy to include the full build details if that floats anyone's boat.

Cheers,
MM
Welcome aboard

Recent Posts