New Gun Laws Trying to be Passed Today

If we divide that 23,900 by 4 we get 5975 guns with no serial number. Does it say that these were"ghost guns" or were the vast majority guns that at one time HAD a serial number and it was ground off. How many crimes were committed with guns in each of those 4 years? Need some perspective , please. And, as previously mentioned, the Second Amendment to the US Constitution isn't about 'hunting'. This is more of 'slow boiling the frog'. Take freedoms away slowly and they won't be missed. Boil the frog slowly, and he won't realize he's being cooked until it's too late. Criminal get the vast majority of their guns by stealing them. Then take a grinder and remove the serial nuumber. I don't think 'ghost guns' are as easily made as is being suggested,,,, just by watching a few YouTube videos.

There are also quite a few older guns that didn't have serial numbers when made by Mfg. Cheaper shotguns and the like. I've owned some.

Bottom line: Take the criminals freedom away, not mine! I've never made a "ghost gun" and have no plans to do so. So, punish those who break the law, not the average, law abiding citizen. This is nothing more than another means of 'controling' law abiding citizens by the government. After all, the politicians know what's best for us, right?! (if they weren't politicians, they'd have all their worldly possesions in a stolen shopping cart by the bridge or abandon factory/warehouse they'd call 'home')

i think i would support this ban if i knew that it wasnt just an attempt to punish law abiding citizens and would actually result in getting criminals off the streets. i think the main idea is to get rid of an area of the gun industry that they dont have control over under the premise of saving lives.

brandon said criminals would face "federal charges".....oh no!!!. yeah they'll face them and then in order to get a conviction, the prosecutor will have them plead guilty to jaywalking and they'll be back on the street in no time.

making an AR15 with an 80% lower takes some work and some know how plus a good bit of time - even with the jig. i've got 2 of them in the garage, one is about 10% done. i keep destroying drill bits and my drill press is not heavy duty enough.

i also did an 80% glock 17 pistol build with a polymer 80 kit last year when biden first started yammering about banning "ghost guns". it was insanely easy. i used a box cutter, some sand paper, my little bench top drill press and a file. took me 15 minutes maybe. a hand drill would have worked too. after that, assembling the pieces is the only hard part but they are less complex than an AR lower, in my opinion. all you do is click a button promising that you're not a felon and you're able to own these things and they'll ship it to you. i think i paid $100 for the jig, lower, drill bits and some of the lower parts.

the good news is, this will most likely get challenged in the courts and this november is looking to be pretty rough for the democrats.

i think i would support this ban if i knew that it wasnt just an attempt to punish law abiding citizens and would actually result in getting criminals off the streets. i think the main idea is to get rid of an area of the gun industry that they dont have control over under the premise of saving lives.

brandon said criminals would face "federal charges".....oh no!!!. yeah they'll face them and then in order to get a conviction, the prosecutor will have them plead guilty to jaywalking and they'll be back on the street in no time.

making an AR15 with an 80% lower takes some work and some know how plus a good bit of time - even with the jig. i've got 2 of them in the garage, one is about 10% done. i keep destroying drill bits and my drill press is not heavy duty enough.

i also did an 80% glock 17 pistol build with a polymer 80 kit last year when biden first started yammering about banning "ghost guns". it was insanely easy. i used a box cutter, some sand paper, my little bench top drill press and a file. took me 15 minutes maybe. a hand drill would have worked too. after that, assembling the pieces is the only hard part but they are less complex than an AR lower, in my opinion. all you do is click a button promising that you're not a felon and you're able to own these things and they'll ship it to you. i think i paid $100 for the jig, lower, drill bits and some of the lower parts.

the good news is, this will most likely get challenged in the courts and this november is looking to be pretty rough for the democrats.
I would never support any more restrictions on guns. We are so far watered down from the original 2nd amendment that it's pathetic.

Self made guns have never been restricted but like many other things in this "look at me" current world that attention was drawn to them now with unfavorable consequences.

If people would just learn to do what they do and not draw attention to these things, they would likely never even be a blip on the radar.

I went ahead and did some homework and found the below report from the JCAT - Joint Counterterrorism Assessment Team. "The number of PMF recoveries from 2018 to 2019 doubled among prohibited persons and felons." "More than 23,900 non-serialized firearms were reported recovered by law enforcement from potential crime scenes from 2016 to 2020". Sounds like our law enforcement officials are concerned about these trends and I support our law enforcement.

I agree that people/criminals are the problem, so I'd prefer we not make it easy for them to illegally purchase a firearm. Banning ghost guns doesn't impact my ability to reload, shoot, hunt, and put meat on the table.

yes, they care so much about your safety. that's why they're doing this. this is nothing but an attempt to shut down a portion of the gun industry that they cannot track and have no control over. control being the operative word. i dont think any of us want criminals to have guns, but there is no stopping them. they'll find a way to get them no matter what you do. they were getting them before ghost guns were around and there will still be 60 people shot in chicago on memorial day weekend this year.

the main problem is you have to rely on the US government to enforce these laws. they already can't handle the ones we have. if you recall the sutherland springs church shooting in 2017, the shooter was prohibited from owning or purchasing firearms, yet he was able to do so because the air force failed to notify the FBI. oops.

If I understand it correctly, the Department of Justice is making it illegal for a business to manufacture these kits, as the rule clarifies that these kits qualify as "firearms" under the Gun Control Act, and that commercial manufacturers of such kits must therefore become licensed and include serial numbers on the kits' frame or receiver, and commercial sellers of these kits must become federally licensed and run background checks prior to a sale – just like they have to do with other commercially-made firearms.
It is another chunk taken out of the 2nd amendment rights, the DOJ will be sued and it will take a while to get it sorted out, they are using the Gun Control Act that is already in place to modify the rules to their version. I'm pretty positive it will get the green light for enforcement in the future. But as we and they (GOV) all know, if the bad guy wants a gun he/she is going to get a gun and do the bad things they do.
I havent read into it all but I don't think it is illegal to posses one with out a serial number, but if you get caught doing bad things with it then you not only face state but federal charges as well. I guess they (GOV) will have to quantify the bad things that will make it a federal crime as well.

I would never support any more restrictions on guns. We are so far watered down from the original 2nd amendment that it's pathetic.

Self made guns have never been restricted but like many other things in this "look at me" current world that attention was drawn to them now with unfavorable consequences.

If people would just learn to do what they do and not draw attention to these things, they would likely never even be a blip on the radar.
Mike your response to 762.51 is my exact view. I for one don't want and we don't need any more LAWS on the Books. There are so many Laws on Firearms already and never followed in Liberal Cities/states and even when they follow the already written Laws---THEY never prosecute unless you are Kyle and even then they try to prosecute with lies to fit the narrative.
Look at Chicago- HIGHEST MURDER AND CRIME RATE IN THE COUNTRY -AND- THE MOST LAWS AGAINST FIREARMS IN THE COUNTRY.
Lightfoot is the so called Mayor of Chicago has this problem. How does she get elected when the very people that vote her in are being the victims and Lightfoot has a security detail of over 100 Chicago Police officers guarding her????
This firearm debate in our Country is so sickening. When the Elite's tell you can't have something, but they can????
Plus tired hearing "Well I can live with more Background Checks" I can Live with making it illegal to make a firearm for personal use" . Do these people realize the LAWS are already in place and now more restrictions???? Where does it END????

I went ahead and did some homework and found the below report from the JCAT - Joint Counterterrorism Assessment Team. "The number of PMF recoveries from 2018 to 2019 doubled among prohibited persons and felons." "More than 23,900 non-serialized firearms were reported recovered by law enforcement from potential crime scenes from 2016 to 2020". Sounds like our law enforcement officials are concerned about these trends and I support our law enforcement.

I agree that people/criminals are the problem, so I'd prefer we not make it easy for them to illegally purchase a firearm. Banning ghost guns doesn't impact my ability to reload, shoot, hunt, and put meat on the table.

It just says Non serialized it doesn't say if it's a ghost gun or had to serial numbers removed

"Just shoot 'um in the leg with a shotgun". Somebody forget to tell Joe a wounded person can still kill you! I think about the only thing Joe has ever hunted for is votes and free, 'under the table', money!
I doubt he has ever hunted in his life. Brandon is to stupid to even operate a firearm.

Mike your response to 762.51 is my exact view. I for one don't want and we don't need any more LAWS on the Books. There are so many Laws on Firearms already and never followed in Liberal Cities/states and even when they follow the already written Laws---THEY never prosecute unless you are Kyle and even then they try to prosecute with lies to fit the narrative.
Look at Chicago- HIGHEST MURDER AND CRIME RATE IN THE COUNTRY -AND- THE MOST LAWS AGAINST FIREARMS IN THE COUNTRY.
Lightfoot is the so called Mayor of Chicago has this problem. How does she get elected when the very people that vote her in are being the victims and Lightfoot has a security detail of over 100 Chicago Police officers guarding her????
This firearm debate in our Country is so sickening. When the Elite's tell you can't have something, but they can????
Plus tired hearing "Well I can live with more Background Checks" I can Live with making it illegal to make a firearm for personal use" . Do these people realize the LAWS are already in place and now more restrictions???? Where does it END????
The desired end state for our sub human enemies on the other side is our complete disarmament

As long as we have pacifists amongst our gun owner ranks, it will never end.

As long as we have pacifists amongst our gun owner ranks, it will never end.
correct, that and the end goal is complete disarmament as well. a few democrats will actually say it. they're pushing for banning "assault rifles" now even though more people are killed by fists, feet, hands, hammers and blunt objects each year than rifles.

check the stats:

so after "assault rifles" are banned, the next logical step will be to ban pistols because WAY more murders occur with pistols than anything else.

the rule isnt going to do anything except make it harder for law abiding citizens to exercise their 2A. NPR actually comes out and says it: https://www.npr.org/2022/04/12/1092063600/what-are-ghost-guns-explained

"The rule won't ban gun kits themselves or strengthen penalties for crimes committed with ghost guns, but it will bring the regulation of ghost guns to be more in line with traditional guns."

the key word in that sentence is "regulation". that's all this is about. more control over guns under the premise of wanting to protect you.

I read through the NPR artical that 762x51 linked in his above post^^^^. A couple of things, a FFL is required by reg already to keep the bond books (records) for 20yrs, or until the business no longer exists, or the name changes, etc. If no longer in business, or name change or whatever, the bound books and 4473s are sent in to ATFE records. If ,as a licensee,you destroyed any records stiff penalties apply. I have held a FFL since 2001. I won't allow an unserialized (ghost) gun in my shop unless it's a pre-68 when serial numbers weren't required. I won't mess with a "ghost' at all. It would just not be a wise idea to have one in the shop. So, having a 'dealer' place a serial number on a 'ghost' in his inventory?!

Recent Posts