New Gun For Wife.

She will still shoot her 25-06. But it is out of service Having a new Krieger barrel and wood done

and reblued. Won't have it back until after next hunting season. That's why she has purchased

a new rifle.

Either of the 6.5 chamberings you mentioned are great. If you handload and want a hotter round with very similar recoil take a serious look at the 6.5 SAUM. It's pricey to shoot, but it's also an amazing round.

Now go get some 130 bergers or swift scirrocos and 44grs of h4350 and a br2, she will have a new favorite rifle and you might be building one :D
The 6.5 creed is a awesome little round.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

I like the creed also but with a 2 gun setup I don't think I would pass the bullet selection and versatility of the 7mm-08???

I have all 3 and can't say one is any better than the other. I will add that I don't bear hunt but if I did. I would probably grab the 7MM08 for that and work up a load with a heavier bullet to hopefully dispatch the bear quickly.

Great choice with the creedmoor, i love mine, 22 inch barrel, the sweet spot is the 123 grain hornady pills.

2740 FPS, ive taken it to 1050. Very enjoyable rifle to shoot. CHEAP to boot.

I've drooled over the Savage Lady Hunter Rifle....been wishing the Wife or one of the Daughters would want to Hunt more and I'd buy them one to keep in my Gun Cabinet.....so I could use it too! :rolleyes:

Post pictures and let Us know how the Rifle looks & performs....I like the idea of a .243 or 7mm-08,but the 6.5 Creedmoor is another interesting Caliber I'd Love to add to my Collection of interesting and different Calibers of Rifles!

All good choice's.First thing I do when my wife gets a new gun is put a shotgun recoil pad on it.Reduces recoil alot.

If winchester ever sells the 125gn deer xp bullet get it. My creed shoots the factory load into 3/4 moa with 4 different lot #s I would look at the 120-130 class
The 120 smk's shot into a hole with 42 gr of 100V and have the same zero as my 147 load with Rl 26.
Both in peterson brass