New Gun For Wife.

270whiz

The choice of weapon she chose is Savage lady hunter. Now the caliber is up to me,.

She owns a Ruger #1b in 25-06 that she shoots well. but its shot out and going to be rebarelled . again in 25-06 she loves it and has dropped a 2 antelope and wont give it up.

My choices of calibers or are 6.5 creedmoor . 260 rem . 7mm-08.

The purpose of the gun is mainly antelope , whitetail, mule deer. once in awhile coyotes, Maybe a black bear hunt someday.

We reload so that's not a problem. What are your thoughts ?lightbulb

I have the Light Weight Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. The LWH is basically a Lady Hunter with a different stock and fluted bolt. Of the three calibers you listed I would go with the 7mm-08. The 20" barrel is just not long enough to get the best out of the 260 or Creedmoor. However, I think the 243 is a better choice in the Lady Hunter.

That's what I was wondering about. Really wanted to try 6.5 creedmoor but the 7mm-08 will do. Only reason I didn't want to go with 243 win is if we want to go on an Idaho or Montana black bear hunt.

We bought my wife the lady hunter in 30-06 and she loves it. The recoil isn't to bad, she handles it good and she bruises easier then a old tomato lol. But I'll probably rebarrel it to a 7-08 just so she doesn't develop a flinch.

The choice of weapon she chose is Savage lady hunter. Now the caliber is up to me,.

She owns a Ruger #1b in 25-06 that she shoots well. but its shot out and going to be rebarelled . again in 25-06 she loves it and has dropped a 2 antelope and wont give it up.

My choices of calibers or are 6.5 creedmoor . 260 rem . 7mm-08.

The purpose of the gun is mainly antelope , whitetail, mule deer. once in awhile coyotes, Maybe a black bear hunt someday.

We reload so that's not a problem. What are your thoughts ?lightbulb

Very smart choice and excellent choice of chamberings! IIWY, I'd pick them in order you have it.

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 191
6.5 or 243 would be my choice. I always thought the 243 was under gunned till a hunting buddy made the move to one after shoulder surgery and never went back. Bullet selection is key for larger game.

I wouldnt hesitate going with the 6.5 Creedmoor. I own a Ruger M77 Hawkeye predator in the 6.5 cm and its a great round. Very light recoil with awesome accuracy. I get 1/2 moa consistently at 100 yards. I shot a 1 7/8in group at 400 yards the other day. Its probably going to have less recoil than the 7mm-08 and have better barrel life. Plus you cant beat the factory ammo for the Creedmoor. It shoots lights out and doesnt break the bank. Its an awsome hunting round for deer and bear sized game. None of the deer that my dad or a shot with our Creedmoors go anywhere.

Today is the big day ! We are going to order The Mary's savage lady hunter .

Caliber........ We have chose to go with the.. 6.5 creedmoor. Ordered 500 pcs of brass. and bullets. New leupold 2 x8 scope ,. Here we go. Hope we made a wise decision.

Good choice, keep an eye on the action screws my girlfriend's came loose about halfway through hunting season. No big deal just a heads up

Today is the big day ! We are going to order The Mary's savage lady hunter .

Caliber........ We have chose to go with the.. 6.5 creedmoor. Ordered 500 pcs of brass. and bullets. New leupold 2 x8 scope ,. Here we go. Hope we made a wise decision.

You will be happy with your choice. Its a fantastic round.

It is nice to get a new rifle but with the calibers you mentioned you are taking a step backward for the game you mentioned going away from the 25-06 Rem. It is the best drop them in their tracks caliber I have ever used and I have killed hundreds of deer over the years of doing crop damage control with abut every thing from a stick to a 45-70. BANG FLOP is what a 25-06 is notorious for doing. :D

It is nice to get a new rifle but with the calibers you mentioned you are taking a step backward for the game you mentioned going away from the 25-06 Rem. It is the best drop them in their tracks caliber I have ever used and I have killed hundreds of deer over the years of doing crop damage control with abut every thing from a stick to a 45-70. BANG FLOP is what a 25-06 is notorious for doing. :D

Ill take a 6.5 cm over a 25-06 any day of the week.