new gun build

will be a nice hunting rig make sure you can get ammo or components if you handload good luck with it

I was going to go the same route, and opted for a defiance ANTI action It's really nice and very light. I know my that my buddy has 2 different titanium actions and each one has things he doesn't like. He pushed me towards the Defiance

When I do another lightweight build it will be a anTi X action. In 6.5 PRC or a SAUM the XM length action gets you a mag box thats 3.2" long. I would love that on my 6.5 SAUM.

Have fun with the build

So much is left open ended on what you're planning to hunt where you're planning to hunt it and how much rifle you're willing to tote around. It's hard to give you any valuable input given we know so little about what your goal is.

Hey Guys,

Well the build is for mainly a deer rifle, I live in Ga. so alot of stand hunting and also out to Texas, I've loved my Sauer 90 243 for years but for sure HEAVY, so Im selling off two Cooper rifles and having Alamo In Texas do the build. Will probably be my only custom gun ever so want to do it right the first time. Doing Jewel Trigger, I'm still trying to figure out the flush cap things being put on the side of the AG stock.

Hey Guys,

Well the build is for mainly a deer rifle, I live in Ga. so alot of stand hunting and also out to Texas, I've loved my Sauer 90 243 for years but for sure HEAVY, so Im selling off two Cooper rifles and having Alamo In Texas do the build. Will probably be my only custom gun ever so want to do it right the first time. Doing Jewel Trigger, I'm still trying to figure out the flush cap things being put on the side of the AG stock.
To the best of my knowledge, stocks with side flush cups are so that the sling can be attached to the cups and the rifle lays on its side on your back if you are using a magazine that sticks out of the bottom. The magazine won't dig into your back like it would if the sling was attached on the bottom of the rifle. It may lend to getting the sling easily and quickly removed if you are concerned with a slings interference with a rear rest or bag of any sort.

Hey Guys,

You won't be disappointed. Robert and the boys at Alamo do a great job. They are building my second and third rifle from them now. If it were me I'd go with the Trigger Tech trigger. I've owned a couple of the Jewels and prefer them a little more. Just my opinion. Flush cups are a plus if you like quick detach slings which I do. If you are a traditional sling guy that leaves the sling on year round and uses the traditional sling attachments you may not need the flush cups. But if they come with the build might as well get them.

Sounds good,
I talked to Jason yesterday and I'm basicly doing the Apex Hunter but had decided to do the jewel trigger, doing the black with bronze color scheme so hoping it will look great! Are their builds really as tack driving as they show?
Thanks

Yes they make some tack drivers. A buddy had them build a 30 Nosler that is just stupid accurate. If you hand load the potential is even higher.

* primary deer rifle. *custom build. *carbon fiber wrapped barrel. *flush cup sling mounts. Jewel Trigger. Sounds like a cool build. Concerns are Do you hunt in western states for mule deer, antelope, or elk? Do you hunt DIY or use a guide? When you prepare for a hunt are you spending allot of time developing dope for the distances your comfortable with? Have you packed into the mountain state backcountry. Have you packed out an elk. I ask these questions because every year I have witnessed individuals who bought the latest fad and didn't spend time getting physically fit. Sighting in their rifles. Getting allot of trigger time shooting at unknown distances. Just a few examples here. In comparison you should note that military sniper/law enforcement sniper rifles are heavy due to the fact those rifles get banged around. They use their rifle slings for supported shooting as well as to carry that log. A fact: carbon fiber barrels are pencil thin and heat up after a few shots. They get whipping and groups open up. Don't get me wrong your not me and I am not you. I shoot allot every week at the range. Spend time backpacking in the rugged local mountains and out in the desert at least once a month. I'm either scouting for deer, coyotes or just getting in shape. I make a point during those trips to estimate the range to any object that challenges my range estimating and shooting ability in uncomfortable shooting positions. I'm a Vietnam Combat Disabled Marine Infantrymen. 3 Tours and a total of 32 months. I support your desire to build an awesome rifle. Do what you want. Don't regret it. An answering only to yourself. Good Luck! SEMPER FEDELIS

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.