New Gun Advice

patrick85ed

I am finally at the point where I have most of my other financial obligations under control and can dedicate some money toward getting the custom gun I have been wanting for years, not to mention my wife is tired of me complaining about it. Here in the eastern part of NC we hunt wide open bean/corn fields for both deer and bear and in most cases you can shoot as far as you can see clearly. I already have several rigs that I have taken animals with beyond 500 yards but I am looking for this weapon to be way more capable. I am looking for a 33 caliber that can launch projectiles of between 210 to 250+ grains at around 3000 fps+, it must have an excellent barrel of between 28-30 inches and have phenomenal accuracy and as my eyesight is not getting better with age some excellent glass. The rest I am not real sure about and I really want to pick your brains about specifics and gauge the cost. I am not that concerned with weight, one of my favorite sniper rigs in .308 caliber already tips the scales at around 14 lbs and the deer do not like to see me with it. One other aspect is that I also want to be able to compete in the 1000 yard matches at Camp Butner.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.