New gear

Evidently a new rifle and scope is going to be added to my gear this year because I just dropped some cash on a new rig today. Wasn't planning on it but when I the rifle hit my hands it was all over.

I bought a Christensen Arms 300 RUM and a Huskamaw Blue Diamond 5-20×50. I mounted the scope last night and plan to break in the barrel this week end.

CA300RUM.jpg

That's a sweet looking rifle. Curious how much that rifle weighs without the scope ... did you happen to weigh it? Or does Christensen Arms advertise a weight? Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

I didn't weigh it before I mounted the scope. The published weigh is 6.7 lbs and with the scope and rings it weighs 8.6 lbs.

Im going to upgrade scope on one of my 338 NM's better field of view for on way up mtn,I hunt grizz areas alot

Camo question .. I lost a few pounds and plan to drop some more weight .. as of now I have a ton of Sitka forest and some open county but doesn't fit any more. I been reading a lot about Kuiu verde and vias for western hunts.. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Is the verde pattern kuiu answer to the forest pattern or is it more like the vias and open country patterns ?

Timber 338 how do you like you kifaru mountain warrior and duplex? Was thinking about that exact setup. Did you do composite or aluminum?

How much does it weigh ? Do you have any accessories ?

Timber 338 how do you like you kifaru mountain warrior and duplex? Was thinking about that exact setup. Did you do composite or aluminum?

How much does it weigh ? Do you have any accessories ?

I just ordered it a couple of weeks ago and they take about 4 weeks to make up the pack. I will post up some pics and an exact weight once I get it in my hands.

But I have gone into Kifaru (I live nearby) and checked out all of their packs including the Timberline 1 & 2 in person. What I like about the Mountain Warrior is how modular the system can be. You add pockets to the sides if you want them or very easily remove them even when you are in the field. What I did not like about the T1/T2 is the long/tall side pockets that are really designed for a spotting scope on one side and tripod on the other. I do not hunt with a spotting scope so then I would have been stuck with those side pockets if I went with the T1/2. And the mountain warrior without any side pockets has a much more narrow profile which will be great when stalking through thick brush/timber.

I did buy 2 small belt pouches and 2 medium belt pouches and not sure if I'll use all of them while I'm out hunting, but definitely like the modular capability to add more gear if I need the extra room. Also went with a gun bearer. Going to be great to have a place to hold my rifle that is quick/easy to access but still keep both of my hands free.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.