New Ga Hunter

hystaspes

A few years ago I was invited out to my first hunt which happened to be in Colorado. Of course that led the natural path of "what is available locally in Ga? I have found sites with information on WMAs and federal lands open for hunting but I was curious, what do most people do? Is Ga primarily a state where people hunt private lands or are public lands fairly accessible? I am not asking for specific locations, more what would you recommend to a newbie to start hunting Ga? Just get out and go? Any particular etiquette specific for Ga? Also, I am out of Atlanta if that helps. Thank you in advance.

A few years ago I was invited out to my first hunt which happened to be in Colorado. Of course that led the natural path of "what is available locally in Ga? I have found sites with information on WMAs and federal lands open for hunting but I was curious, what do most people do? Is Ga primarily a state where people hunt private lands or are public lands fairly accessible? I am not asking for specific locations, more what would you recommend to a newbie to start hunting Ga? Just get out and go? Any particular etiquette specific for Ga? Also, I am out of Atlanta if that helps. Thank you in advance.
Hunt Fort Benning, Stewart or WMAs. PM me for details

Ga, has draw hunts as well, and i have been on a few. They offer hunts for new / young hunters where you will be schooled and then taken on a hunt to test your new skills. PM me if you wish to discuss.

You may look for leases in the Macon area. Everyone that in know leases land or gets into a club. Pick up a GON magazine and you might be able to find a club or lease being advertised

Go buy a copy of GON September 2022 that is on the news stands now: I saw it in the gas station yesterday.

I saw Very good articles in there about WMA hunting as well as clubs looking for members.

Carrollton here.