New from western Washington

Welcome from enumclaw
I cut some old growth patches up in the watershed out of Cumberland. Seen some big bulls, cougars and lots of black bears. Biggest black bear I ever saw was up there. Dam bear would dig at the yellow jacket nests for the larvae and so anytime you would get near a nest they would explode. One unit was horrible with them but rigging crew said they never had an issue while logging

I cut some old growth patches up in the watershed out of Cumberland. Seen some big bulls, cougars and lots of black bears. Biggest black bear I ever saw was up there. Dam bear would dig at the yellow jacket nests for the larvae and so anytime you would get near a nest they would explode. One unit was horrible with them but rigging crew said they never had an issue while logging

was that up in the Hancock land east of Cumberland? I actually live in Cumberland, moved there about 7 months ago. Need to get a key to get up in there and I have multi season deer and elk this year! Just new to the area so don't know where any elk hang out back there

No, that's private land. Watershed is city owned and has a permit draw. You can get access permit in orting for a lot of Hancock land but they have a draw permit as well

There's a bow shop just outside of Buckley that might help you get a better jest of the area. There's used to be what was called the wolf pack out of carbonado/Wilkeson that had a reputation for pack hunting. Imagine there's still a few of the guys left that still hunt the area. Might be some hoof rot around there that's been hard on the population. Not sure how they're approaching the game management for it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.