New From UT

Poltax

Been a lurker for awhile. Looking forward to more info and hoping I can contribute to the forum.
I am Territory Sales Manager for a well known Western Boot Company. Plus when I am home I am an Assistant Instuctor for a local shooting school.

Along with that I am an avid Elk Bowhunter and Rifle hunter. My rifle is a 30-06 PO Ackely. I am looking to rebuild with a lighter stock and better optics. Look forward some great info!!

Quick suggestion if your going to rebuild your 30-06AI, check out the 300 sherman. Would just be a simple chamber ream, making brass would be the same as your AI essentially, though you would have to switch to .270 brass. But it would get you 300 wm performance, Idaho Trecker on this forum is shooting the 225 eld-m's around 2800 fps, and has shot the 215 Bergers up to 3000 fps. The guy that created the line of cartridges is on here too, his name is rich sherman, or "elkaholic" on here. Would be a pretty potent set up, and reamer rental is only $50 here:
https://shermanwildcatcartridges.com

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.