New from Southern Indiana

Tirador

First time to post a thread here. I'm 54 w/35 yrs. service on the railroad. Like to hunt, shoot paper, fish, and grill and chill. Have been working a load up for my .223 lately. Seems to like Nosler 52 gr. Cust. Comp. best. Getting groups less than an inch at 100 yrds. Not bad for a Mini 14. Will start working on a load for my 300 weatherby next. Before last month I had'nt reloaded since the middle 70's. Had a lot of fun tricking out the Mini. Done a trigger job, 11 degree crown on the muzzle, replaced Gas bushing with smaller 1, installed barrel strut to improve harmonics, two recoil buffers and heavy recoil spring, torqued gas block screws,then dropped it in a StrikeForce Stock w/ Alum bedding.Put a BSA Stelth Tactical 8x32x44 on to help these old eyes and it is a blast to shoot. Some say too much money to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but it's mine and I enjoy it!total cost of rifle ,stock, and Scope-<$780. Hope to do some trigger work and bed the Weatherby . Maybe a Boss Accurizer or crown the muzle. Would like a forum describing, accurizing the 300 Weatherby Vanguard. That and a lot of work on my shooting technic would help a lot. Have not tried shots over 350 yet, but with new Milldot scope may try to punch some paper soon. Looking forward to all advice and replies. Vance

Thanks, looking forward to soaking up lot's of info here!! Good as a place as any to spend hours reading. Just hate that I have to make a choice between shooting and helping myslf by reading. Guess it's just like it was back in school!!

Welcome Hoosier
it is nice to see other hoosiers on here. you will find this is the best to find help
the knowledge here is second to none. i rate this forum the best on the web.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.