New from Idaho

Backcountry_IDN

Hey guys and gals.

I'm in Southeast Idaho. I've been shooting LR for probably 5 years or so. Nothing for comp (although I'd love to get into it). Mostly just hobby and practice for hunting. I've built 2 rifles now. Well 1 but the other will be done shortly. .300wm and a 6.5-284. If you ask my fiance I'm "too" much into hunting. Once season is over I'm scouting/planning for next season. Also play baseball in the summer for a semi pro team. I do film my/our hunts. I'm in no way a professional but it's fun. I'm always up to go shoot if anyone is close by. Thanks. Glad to be here!

Welcome! I'm up in north idaho but I usually hunt further south, last year was selway, this year will be salmon unless we get our draw tags for elk.

Your lucky the lady tags along! The times I've taken my wife out it hasn't been a good trip, regardless of harvest. I put her in for a cow tag that has been 100% the last couple years, hopefully that will work out!

Welcome, I live On the other side of the state. I'm new to the LR game as well, currently comfortable on game out to 500, hitting Steel at 800 depending on the day. Lots to learn.....

Welcome! I'm up in north idaho but I usually hunt further south, last year was selway, this year will be salmon unless we get our draw tags for elk.

Your lucky the lady tags along! The times I've taken my wife out it hasn't been a good trip, regardless of harvest. I put her in for a cow tag that has been 100% the last couple years, hopefully that will work out!

Good luck with her! Took mine awhile! I still have to put the worm on her hook and take the fish off lol.... She loves scouting and horn hunting more than anything (summer)

Selway I've heard is great! I hunt down around my area, actually 30 min away for deer and 1 hour for elk so not too far! Good after work hunting most of the weeks during season.

Welcome, I live On the other side of the state. I'm new to the LR game as well, currently comfortable on game out to 500, hitting Steel at 800 depending on the day. Lots to learn.....

I still have much to learn as well. I don't want to take anything past 600 this year but have shot out to 1200 with my .300wm. wanting to get to a mile.

Always over in Boise area. Fiance is from New Plymouth and I used to go to College of Idaho. Shoot a ton of whistle pigs that way as well as coyotes.

Good luck with her! Took mine awhile! I still have to put the worm on her hook and take the fish off lol.... She loves scouting and horn hunting more than anything (summer)

Selway I've heard is great! I hunt down around my area, actually 30 min away for deer and 1 hour for elk so not too far! Good after work hunting most of the weeks during season.

Fishing with her is an entirely different story! I wish she was excited about hunting as she is fishing. Two years ago I couldn't get time off for our yearly salmon fishing trip over on the Columbia so she took off without me and fished with my Dad and all
his friends for an entire week.

Selway used to be great, we got lucky last year I think and got a 4x5 and a 6x6 in 3 days and then got snowed out. Only the season is nice as it's a rifle during rut hunt!

Fishing with her is an entirely different story! I wish she was excited about hunting as she is fishing. Two years ago I couldn't get time off for our yearly salmon fishing trip over on the Columbia so she took off without me and fished with my Dad and all
his friends for an entire week.

Selway used to be great, we got lucky last year I think and got a 4x5 and a 6x6 in 3 days and then got snowed out. Only the season is nice as it's a rifle during rut hunt!

Haha that's great. Something mine would do as well.

Sounds great! I've skunked out the last two years unfortunately. Hopefully this year!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.