New from Georgia

Been hanging around for a long time, just never registered and joined. I am from the hills of Northeast Georgia. I like the challenge of getting them up close with a bow as much as I do reaching out to touch them with a rifle. I am very blessed and lucky to have a close personal friend that builds rifles. Most for extreme range. He has one or two being used in the Kings of Two mile. I have and use the run of the mill .280AI, 30-06, 7mmMag, but am a fan of the '06 variants, particularly the 6.5-06 and 338-06.
I do travel out west once a year and rarely the same place two years in a row. I have taken several nice ones out there and at home.

No problem! I to like the 30-06 line of cartridges. My next one will more then likely be a 6mm-06 improved variant with a 28" barrel. the 30-06 Maybe a little over bore for 6mm but should get the 110 and 115s to 3300 plus. Bad yote medicine! and good for deer out to 700 plus yards :D

No problem! I to like the 30-06 line of cartridges. My next one will more then likely be a 6mm-06 improved variant with a 28" barrel. the 30-06 Maybe a little over bore for 6mm but should get the 110 and 115s to 3300 plus. Bad yote medicine! and good for deer out to 700 plus yards :D

If I didn't already have the 6.5, the 6mm-06 would be on my list.

He is not a "that is good enough" kind of dude. If it aint right, it aint right. He also prefers to build his own stocks from laminated wood. Has a bunch of profiles for them. We got a new rifle in the works that just possibly might be the ugliest thing you will ever see but I think it is gonna be a tank. A 338-06on a Defiance action, Brux #5 contour barrel @ 24" in his base stock profile. Action and barrel to be Matte Black Ceracote and the stock to be coated with a Matte Black truck bed liner. He is kinda slimming the stock down to account for the thickness of the bed liner material.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.