New from Georgia

Gerald Bridges

LRH Team Member
Been hanging around for a long time, just never registered and joined. I am from the hills of Northeast Georgia. I like the challenge of getting them up close with a bow as much as I do reaching out to touch them with a rifle. I am very blessed and lucky to have a close personal friend that builds rifles. Most for extreme range. He has one or two being used in the Kings of Two mile. I have and use the run of the mill .280AI, 30-06, 7mmMag, but am a fan of the '06 variants, particularly the 6.5-06 and 338-06.
I do travel out west once a year and rarely the same place two years in a row. I have taken several nice ones out there and at home.

NEMTHunter

No problem! I to like the 30-06 line of cartridges. My next one will more then likely be a 6mm-06 improved variant with a 28" barrel. the 30-06 Maybe a little over bore for 6mm but should get the 110 and 115s to 3300 plus. Bad yote medicine! and good for deer out to 700 plus yards :D

Gerald Bridges

LRH Team Member
No problem! I to like the 30-06 line of cartridges. My next one will more then likely be a 6mm-06 improved variant with a 28" barrel. the 30-06 Maybe a little over bore for 6mm but should get the 110 and 115s to 3300 plus. Bad yote medicine! and good for deer out to 700 plus yards :D

If I didn't already have the 6.5, the 6mm-06 would be on my list.

Gerald Bridges

LRH Team Member
He is not a "that is good enough" kind of dude. If it aint right, it aint right. He also prefers to build his own stocks from laminated wood. Has a bunch of profiles for them. We got a new rifle in the works that just possibly might be the ugliest thing you will ever see but I think it is gonna be a tank. A 338-06on a Defiance action, Brux #5 contour barrel @ 24" in his base stock profile. Action and barrel to be Matte Black Ceracote and the stock to be coated with a Matte Black truck bed liner. He is kinda slimming the stock down to account for the thickness of the bed liner material.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.