New from GA but soon to be in Wyoming!!

meastt

Hello everyone.

I am a 33 year old family man and hunter. I am a combat vet of Iraq and currently my Police Departments Firearms Instructor. My family and I are moving to Wyoming in May and I have since decided to take my long distance shooting seriously. I see that there is tons to learn from members on here and plan on keeping my mouth shut and eyes open.

Thanks for the time.

Mike

Hello everyone.

I see that there is tons to learn from members on here and plan on keeping my mouth shut and eyes open.

Thanks for the time.

Mike

Nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open but by god don't keep your mouth shut, most of us here love to hear about shooting/hunting results so feel free to post em up.

Welcome aboard.

Chris

New member here also.
Lived in Wyoming since being assigned here in 2006. Retired (USAF) in 2011.
You should enjoy Wyoming. Are you going for Cheyenne PD/Laramie Sheriff?

There is a nice range a few miles West outside of town. The long range area goes out to 700. Steel targets set up from 300-700. I try to hit it up as often as I can.

ETA: hopefully you have done your research on Wyoming weather...big difference from the warm humid south to the dry low humid intermountain West. It may take some time to get acclimated to it...and the altitude. LOL, I was out of breath dragging my bags into the base billeting when I got here. Thought I was going to pass out. Stupid us went sightseeing a few days later and hit the Snowy Range, and went for a short hike. That was a dumb thing to do after living in NJ for 8.5 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.