New from Florida

Almostgem

Hi All,

Right now kind of sedentary, as I broke an ankle (pretty badly (two surgeries so far)) during Irma. I'm interested in long range shooting, and recently finished an AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor. I found this forum while searching for 338 lapua, and once here, found it also to have a lot of active discussions and a reloading board.

I have been reloading now for about 6 years as a way to shoot more while not completely draining the bank account. I reload everything I shoot with the exception of Russian calibers and 22lr. My collection of pistols includes Ruger MKIII 22lr, CZ70 32acp(7.65 browning), 380 (Bersa Thunder, and Browning 1911 380), 9mm (Star BM, Taurus PT92, Dan Wesson Pointman 1911) 38 super (Colt), 38/357Magnum (Ruger GP100), 357 Sig (Sig P239 SAS, Sig Nightmare Fastback 1911), 10MM (Colt Delta Elite), 45 ACP (Para-Ordinance P14, Custom mebuilt Commander). On the rifle side of things, Ruger custom 10/22, Ruger Mini 14, Ar15 223 (custom built 18in), vz24 7mm Mauser (sporterized double trigger), 30-30 Marlin, 30 Carbine (Commercial, but nice), AR10 18in 308, AR10 22in 6.5 Creedmoor. Russian - Wasr10 AK47, and a 1942 Mosin Nagant. I also have two shotguns, a Remington 1100 in 12 gauge, and a Stoeger Condor O/U with interchangeable 20/12 gauge barrels. I guess I "may have" gone a bit overboard, but consider myself a collector. There are still a couple of pistol, and rifles itching at me, but it will probably be some time before those itches can be scratched.

I'm not much into hunting, but enjoy killing paper and an occasional clay pigeon.

Another hobby I have is coin and currency collecting, and that's where my handle comes from.
A gem coin is considered MS65 or higher. I generally collect in MS64 (Almostgem).

Have been married for just over 35 years, and not sure why, but the wife puts up with my many hobbies and collection of reloading components that take up a considerable amount of room.

Looking forward to joining in the conversations, and always love finding a source for once fired brass, and projectiles.

John
Almostgem

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.