New Forster Co-ax

With you self professing you are an OK shooter, I would spend time working on all the other aspects of accuracy that cost time more than money. As you hone your skills and tighten your reloading tolerances, you should see a reduction in ES and group size, along with other benefits of becoming a better marksman (trigger control, recoil management, wind reading; just to start).
If you can find it, Tony Boyer wrote a good book (The Book of Rifle Accuracy). It explains a lot about accurate shooting. Although mostly designed for the BR folks, there is a lot that can help the rest of us.
Overall, Pay attention to what you are doing (shooting and loading), keep good records, learn as much as you can from others. You will know when you have outgrown your equipment.

Nothing beats the correct tool for the job!

You can order 12 packs or individual lock rings directly from Forster. I really wanted to utilize all of my other lock rings, but I have found so much simpler and precise by swapping every other branded lock ring to the Forsters, which were designed to work flawlessly with the Coax.

I would swap to the Forster Lock Rings on all the dies you intend to use in the Co-Ax. They're made from aluminum purposely to keep the stress of reloading on the cheapest part, the Lock Rings. The use of steel lock rings in a Co-Ax can incur wear on that casting into which the die/lock ring assembly is inserted. I have a stock pile of Forster Lock Rings. I buy them whenever I run across a deal. During Covid, the best deal for a dozen was at the Forster site. I haven't checked prices lately though.

Last edited:
Excellent press, very accurate, love the ability to change dies instantly.
I have 5 more presses with all pro's and cons.
One thing with the Forester, if you have a stuck case, from reforming or lack of lube!
DO NOT FORCE THE PRESS ON THE RETURN STOKE.
The sliding shell holder plates will deform with excessive force.
Get your allan wrench and remove the shell holder plates and remove the stuck case with the stuck case remover in a vise.
Its a precision instrument not a CH ,RCBS rock,or a lee cast power house