New F-class matches in MS

eddybo

Well lookee here F-class has spread to SW MS and they are shooting a sporter rifle class for folks who want to try out thier hunting guns. It isnt going to save me much gas because I m going to continue to attend the other matches, but this is close to home I cant pass that up.

Here is a partial copy of an email I received. I took out the personal contact info of the individual putting the match on. If anyone on the area has questions about attending and would like to speak with the person who will be in charge email me and I will forward your contact info to them.

Southwest Gun Club, Inc.
PO Box 1061 McComb, MS 39649
NRA Club # C1149 DCM Club # Y35005
Member USA Shooting and 4H Shooting Sports

600 Yard F-Class Rifle Match
May 31, 2008
When: Signup starts at 8:30 AM, shooting starts at 9:00 AM
What: We are starting a NRA F-Class league and this first match will be a practice match and will be followed with matches on the last Saturday of each month. Scores will be turned in to the NRA for mid range prone national records and classification. All shooting is done from prone position. Firearms can be bolt-action, single shot, lever action, or semi-auto. It needs to have the ability to shoot out to 600 yards. Normally, heavy barreled varmint/tactical rifles are commonly used.

CLASSES:
F-CLASS OPEN (F-O): Maximum weight including attachments 22 lbs, bipod or rest may be used along with rear bag (not inc. in wt), telescope of any power, .35 caliber maximum.
F-CLASS TARGET RIFLE (F-TR): Maximum weight including attachments 18.18 lbs, bipod only along with rear bag (rear bag not inc. in wt), telescope of any power, unmodified .223 REM & .308 WIN calibers only.
SPORTER RIFLE: 9.5 pounds with magazine and sights, telescope of 10 power or less, bipod or rest may be used, .35 caliber maximum.
Empty chamber indicators required all classes
No muzzle brakes
( For complete rules go to http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-w22.pdf

Just my humble opinion but this phrase has some important information

Firearms can be bolt-action, single shot, lever action, or semi-auto. It needs to have the ability to shoot out to 600 yards. Normally, heavy barreled varmint/tactical rifles are commonly used.

The part about being able to actually manage to shoot as far as the target is important. You will not score very high if your bullets don't make it to the target.

Its always embarrassing when you bullets just get tired of flying and fall out of the sky and tumble along in the grass scaring the doodle bugs.

Yup I get laughed at all the time when my bullets impact the berm and I have the barrel pointed upwards at a 45 degree angle:)

Most of the folks around this area have never shot f-class I think they were trying to dissuade the thurty thurty shooters:)

Sunday was rainy and muddy and another first time shooter showed up with a short barreled 308 and Blackhills ammo. At 1K he couldn't stay on the target because of the rounds going subsonic..

LRH members swept the f-open class at this match:) Congrats Jimbo300.....3rd place in your first f-class match is kickin butt. Another member KimR took second. I may not be as good a shooter as these guys but had em outgunned and squeaked it out.:) Except for the broiling we took a good time was had by all. I am pretty sure that the guy who took 1st in F-TR is also a member her but do not know his user name, sorry Ralph.

I am going to try my best to get two more members to show for the next one. How about it Adam and Richard?

I think I am going to weld an umbrella on my rest to keep my forehead from burning:mad:

f-class

Eddybo,

Thanks for turning me on to f-class. It is a hoot, I am also trying to get a couple of LRH members that I know to come next month and shoot.

Let me know what you come up with on that umbrella/rest, I might be interested.:D

I may regret it....you shoot too good:) How in the devil you shot that 194 in the second string when all I could manage was a 186 is beyond me......and I had a 100% advantage due to the BC of the 115s vs those 60s you were shooting. No one was within 8 points of you on the second string......thats pretty strong.

Next match is June 28, I am looking forward to it. If Mr. Don gets his barrel in time for the next match we better watch out....we will all be shooting for second place. I dont mind shooting against him, because when you do win you feel like you accomplished something.

Eddybo,

Thanks for turning me on to f-class. It is a hoot, I am also trying to get a couple of LRH members that I know to come next month and shoot.

Let me know what you come up with on that umbrella/rest, I might be interested.:D

Well Jimbo got first this month with a 370-?x.....WTG Jimbo Great shooting.....BTW I enjoyed lunch. I am glad I came up with that winner pays scam it has worked out great since I lose more than I win:)

My 6x47 being shot by Jacob Brumfield got second with a 370 with fewer xs. My 6BR being shot by a buddy Harold from another forum got 3rd with a 369. Hey at least my guns can compete.

I got 4th with a 368:mad: I am pretty sure I had a 115 blow up before it got to the target resulting in a miss. (Or maybe I fired a crossfire to avoid paying for lunch:) j/k)

The wind was really kicking today with some strong switches, scores were way down.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.