New ELR Record, Have You Seen This?

Stretching the limits is what ELR is all about, and it wasn't that long ago, making 2,000 yard hits was the stuff of legend and criticism. Personally, 2,000 is all I've ever tried, and most likely, I will not shoot beyond that. 4 miles and I would rely on the ol' AGM-114 Hellfire from one of my past helos.

this is a great accomplishment. there is always improvement as we extend farther out distance wise. i remember when i was a kid (and im not super old) that 500yds was an unbelievably long way, and a 1MOA rifle was a screamer in terms of accuracy. nowadays, if we get over 1/2 MOA we complain like the world will end.

postive promtion of the shoooting sports is never a bad thing.
Creedmoor since the 1800's 1,000 yds. No problem for competitive marksman of the day. To find a FACTORY RIFLE that could do that? Yup, just within 20 years. These guys are doing great things for exlr shooting. I couldn't hit that shot in a month of shooting with HIS gear.

Attachments

• 63ECC48B-F061-435E-AD07-DE8C2D611D37.jpeg
    63ECC48B-F061-435E-AD07-DE8C2D611D37.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 6308B71F-6EF3-46FB-A7C0-368386E7BC8B.jpeg
    6308B71F-6EF3-46FB-A7C0-368386E7BC8B.jpeg
    761 KB · Views: 72
I have to say, that is a major accomplishment. It took a lot of shots, but nobody could do that in one shot....yet. I remember when I was first starting to shoot when hitting an antifreeze jug at 100 yards was an accomplishment. Now I shoot clay pigeons at 100 yards, but with a pistol. I will never do what these guys have done, but ..no buts, it's just impressive.

I appreciate the data that will be obtained from this. Having said that messing around at impractical distances is just fun. When we were younger, we shot hundreds of rounds of .45 Long Colt from our SAAs and New Frontiers at rifle-type ranges at clay pigeons resting on the berm with only the most rudimentary sights. Got pretty decent at it too. Totally useless skill but life is serious enough.

I appreciate the data that will be obtained from this. Having said that messing around at impractical distances is just fun. When we were younger, we shot hundreds of rounds of .45 Long Colt from our SAAs and New Frontiers at rifle-type ranges at clay pigeons resting on the berm with only the most rudimentary sights. Got pretty decent at it too. Totally useless skill but life is serious enough.
Actually, great example! The 45LC at whatever distance gave you data and more "range of confidence" and shorter ranges, correct? Same here. Understanding the data for 4miles turns 3520 (2miles) into a much easier shot. So, shoot for the stars and getting to the moon seems simple.

Thanks for assuming things which you know nothing about. Havent ate at McDonald's in over 5 years, I'm 34 years old at 150# with 5% body fat. I work a 40/hr week physical job, I'd say I'm pretty healthy. Anything else you'd like to add? Lol
I'm impressed you know you are an exception to the rule 😉
However, it's all about the choise. I'm certainly not rich but have a drive to shoot far. So slowly I'm getting my ELR equipment together. Nobody said you had to do it all at once🤠

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.