New ELR Record, Have You Seen This?

Looks like a Nightforce with a periscope on the front....
1594824755208.png
1594824755208.png

Yep, but many could not hit that shot with 1,000 shots.
Most of these guys are ballistic experts, with beyond expert marksmanship skills.
Although, I know what it looks like to most people, yet 4 miles?...
It is a reason they set this record, you know?...

These guys aren't gods. Sure most are very accomplished shooters but to say someone else couldn't do it in a similar round count or even 1,000 is laughable. Seems like the big thing with ELR records is just as much skill as it is budget. I don't know about you but I don't have 12 guys running radios, spotting scopes and ballistic apps for me

My rifles can shoot 4 miles at a 30 degree angle I'm sure, never said I could hit anything that far though...hell a 22 LR will shoot a mile, and with enough shots, its do able to hit something at that distance. All I'm saying. Dont get your panties in a bunch now haha. I said I respect what they do, but I just dont see the point in lobbing that much lead to hit a target 1 time. That doesnt really do it for me. Like I said, A LOT of LUCK still goes into that type of shot, and a boat load of money...But to answer your question, 1500 yards is what I can do consistently on good days and still keep a minute of elk group, which is plenty good for me :)

Of course you don't see the point.

you don't have the drive to do anything outside your comfort zone and are content with what you find easy and doable.

Maybe you should just stick to the 1500 yd 12" group and not bother commenting on the exceptional achievement of others who attempt more challenging things , since you don't see the point .

I'm sure they would be just Fine with not having their efforts dismissed as LUCK.

We dont have adequate hardware for the job.

Oh but we do, it's called a 105 lol

Seriously, some amazing work and will only advance the sport.
Eventually due to peoples achievements like his it will cause Manufacturers to push the envelope and develop new and better equipment to accomplish the mission. Without people like him pushing the limits we would just be stagnant.

Last edited:
These guys aren't gods. Sure most are very accomplished shooters but to say someone else couldn't do it in a similar round count or even 1,000 is laughable. Seems like the big thing with ELR records is just as much skill as it is budget. I don't know about you but I don't have 12 guys running radios, spotting scopes and ballistic apps for me
First, most can not do what these guys are doing, for many reasons...
Shooting is just one part of what these guys are doing, it is about the science of ballistics, and what is possible.
Paul Phillips has stated on the Sniper'shide podcast that he doesn't do this for a record, it's data...
They are pushing beyond what was ever thought possible to further the sport.
So you apparently misunderstood the point of this post.
This isn't a benchrest competition, it's more science than that.

Last edited:
First, most can not do what these guys are doing, for many reasons...
Shooting just one part of what these guys are doing, it is about the science of ballistics, and what is possible.
Paul Phillips as stated on the Sniper'shide podcast doesn't do this for a record, it's data...
They are pushing beyond what was ever thought possible to further the sport.
So you apparently misunderstood the point of this post.
This isn't a benchrest competition, it's more science than that.
There comes a time when trying to justify these things to one shot-one kill guys is just plain futile. Most make it sound like they dominated their extremes on the first try.

Oh but we do, it's called a 105 lol

Seriously, some amazing work and will only advance the sport.
Eventually due to peoples achievements like his it will cause Manufacturers to push the envelope and develop new and better equipment to accomplish the mission. Without people like him pushing the limits we would just be stagnant.
100% agree. I love that people are pushing boundaries and doing things we previously thought impossible. I'm certainly not downplaying his team's accomplishment or the amount of expertise it took to get that hit.

Give me a 416 barrett, a NF or S&B with some special gizmo on the end, an endless supply of ammo, and I'm fairly positive more than a few of us on here could hit a barn door in less than a 100 shots! I have the time, the place, but we dont have deep enough pockets for it, that's really the only thing that keeps any of us normal guys from doing it, is an endless supply of money and resources to hit a target 1 time lol, oh and some luck thrown in for good measure. Good day ya'll :)

Give me a 416 barrett, a NF or S&B with some special gizmo on the end, an endless supply of ammo, and I'm fairly positive more than a few of us on here could hit a barn door in less than a 100 shots! I have the time, the place, but we dont have deep enough pockets for it, that's really the only thing that keeps any of us normal guys from doing it, is an endless supply of money and resources to hit a target 1 time lol, oh and some luck thrown in for good measure. Good day ya'll :)
Men can always dream, right?...
You believe that they got to where they are because of money?...
Not even close.
Skill and know-how has brought them this far.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.