New elk rifle

Ackool

Well finally broke down and the family and I will be making the move to Montana first of March. So I got in touch with Ryan Pierce for a new elk rifle. He got me going with his 300 Norma improved. Running a manners eh1 with a proof tube and his brake. Built off of a kelbly atlas action. First rifle I've had built with a trigger tech so it will be fun to see how it hold up against my jewels. Also talked me into the Zero Compromise zc420. Had never heard of that glass but can't wait to see how it works out. Will update with pics as build comes together. Now just a long wait until season opens.

Congratulations! That sounds like a great rifle! And congrats on the move to Montana! That's a beautiful state. If it weren't for family here in Oregon, I would definitely move to Montana asap.

Congratulations!! You will be very happy with the rifle! Ryan is know for building top shelf rifles. You will like the trigger and the brake as well. đź‘Ť

I have the same rifle from Ryan, it's an absolute hammer. If you want any my load data, just ask. All his chambers shoot the same within a few tenths of a grain, and some barrels are a bit slower or faster than others. I killed my bull out by Anaconda this fall with it at 580y. My only complaint on the zco 4-20 is at 4x the reticle is quite thin. Good thing there's very good illumination. I run a nx8 4-32x50 on mine. Which also suffers from small reticle at 4x. I killed my antelope @ 730y, elk @ 580y and whitetail @ 260y. It works!

Well she finally ships out tomorrow. Ryan has been awesome to work with and has answered every question I've had. Very short build time and always let me know where we were at. Here's a few pics of the finished build

Attachments

• D6AF6091-C56E-4B45-8D27-BDE7042A914A.jpeg
    D6AF6091-C56E-4B45-8D27-BDE7042A914A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
  • 650EA824-87C6-4304-95FB-FBCCF92A9F42.jpeg
    650EA824-87C6-4304-95FB-FBCCF92A9F42.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
You are going to LOVE the rifle and scope. I have two Pierce .300NMI in my safe, and they are HAMMERS! I have a couple ZCOs of my own, and they are amazing scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.